Tutors Needed in Palo Alto
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Help to ensure youth in our after school program at 801 Alma are positively engaged and invested in their learning and homework, have positive relations with adults, and improve their math and reading skills.
Tutors will work within 801 Alma's after school program staff and must commit to a full shift per week for at least four months. Volunteers can select a weekly shifts Wednesday from 2:30pm- 5:00pm.
- Commit to a weekly tutoring shift
- Help youth complete homework assignments
- Be a positive example and role model to the young people in our program
- Act as a resource and guide, help the youth learn how to find resources and information
- Work closely with Eden staff and report on any issues or get support when needed
- Respect that the youth may not share your lifestyles, values, or goals
- Excellent math skills; specifically grades 4-7
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience is preferred but not required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive personality and demeanor
Volunteer Tutors will gain insight into the life of a young person, an increase in their own skills and training, as well as the reward and satisfaction that comes from helping a young person excel academically and gain more confidence.
About Eden Housing, Inc.
22645 Grand Street, Hayward, CA 94541, US
Eden Housing, Inc. builds and maintains high-quality, well-managed, service-enhanced affordable housing communities that meet the needs of lower income families, seniors, and persons with disabilities.
Eden Housing, Inc. is a California non-profit corporation founded in 1968 by six community activists who were concerned about the lack of non-discriminatory, affordable housing in Northern California. These volunteers began by rehabilitating older homes in Hayward for first time homebuyer families. In the mid-1980s, Eden Housing incorporated an affiliated property management company, Eden Housing Management, Inc. (EHMI), which currently provides quality onsite management and maintenance for more than 8,500 affordable homes throughout California. In the mid-1990's, Eden Housing expanded its scope to include the provision of free onsite support services and programs for its residents.Our services include technology programming; "green" resident education; youth academic, enrichment and recreation programs; programs for seniors and persons with disabilities; financial literacy; job/career preparation; and health and wellness programs for all ages.
Today, Eden has a portfolio of 8,500 units at 130 properties across 15 counties in California. Eden develops new construction and acquires and rehabilitates existing properties to preserve them. During the past 47 years, over 65,000 people have come home to an Eden Housing community. At Eden Housing, we have more than 20,000 households on our waiting list and a portfolio-wide vacancy rate of 1%, demonstrating a huge demand for our work.
We'll work with your schedule.
801 Alma StPalo Alto, CA 94301
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Wednesday, 2:30pm-5:00pm