- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Boundless Brilliance is a Los Angeles based non-profit organization that seeks to empower students to embrace their brilliance and realize a future of STEM leadership that is a diverse as the world that we live in. We do this by creating a fun and interactive STEM-based curriculum that college volunteers take into low-income neighborhood schools.
More information can be found at https://www.boundlessbrilliance.org
We are excited by the fact that our organization is growing and has increase in visibility. This had led to new partnerships and many more requests from schools, youth groups, and others to partner. For that reason, we are seeking volunteers to help us meet our capacity needs.
As a workshop facilitator you will be working directly with children, and helping to provide them with STEM immersion workshops that are embedded with our unique empowerment model. Our aim is not only to expose children to STEM a critical age, but to show them that Anyone Can Be a Scientist.
What We Are Looking For: We are seeking enthusiastic volunteers that are passionate about education, equity in STEM, and girls/women's empowerment. Volunteers who believe that STEM should be inclusive and accessible, and Fun!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Helping to conduct one-time community based hands on STEM immersion workshops
- Supervising children as they attempt hands on experiments and activities
- Delivering empowerment messages and encouragement to children
- Sharing information about Boundless Brilliance and the importance of early intervention to combat the gender gap in STEM
- High school diploma
- Interest in STEM and science
- Previous experience with mentoring, tutoring - preferred
About BOUNDLESS BRILLIANCE
15701 SHERMAN WAY UNIT 8079, VAN NUYS, CA 91409, US
The mission of Boundless Brilliance is to educate, empower, and engage students in order to close the gender gap in STEM fields.
Boundless Brilliance is a Los Angeles County based 501c3 nonprofit which launched in 2017 and now boasts over 130 volunteers. The organization was founded on a simple, powerful idea: STEM is for everyone. We envision a future of STEM leadership that is as diverse as the world in which we live.
We utilize a unique approach to carry out our mission, which includes empowerment messages and early intervention - targeting students as early as 6 years old, with school-based classroom presentations and no-cost community events that help to ensure that hands on immersion in STEM is accessible to all.
We'll work with your schedule.
15701 Sherman Way Ave#8079Van Nuys, CA 91409
February 25, 2020
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- The time commitment varies and will depend on specific requests and assignments. Average workshop presentations are for 45 minutes - 2 hours.