Event Planning Volunteer Lead
Do you love event planning?????
Assist our Regional Development team with planning fundraising events. Takes a leadership role in planning the logistics of event execution.
Northeastern New York Chapter (Albany, Fulton, Montgomery, Schoharie, Schenectady, Saratoga, Rensselaer, Warren & Washington Counties)Key Responsibilities:
- Takes a leadership role in planning logistics of Red Cross special events.
- Assists with event execution, including working with event venue, caterer, soliciting auction items, coordinating auction, coordinating volunteer support, and coordinating community outreach.
- Assist with preparing the event program in a timely manner.
- Assist with creating script for event presenters.
- May chair nomination committee at a Real Heroes Breakfast. Duties may include contacting nominator and nominee for Heroes Award; gathering story and contact information; and maintaining spreadsheet to track nominations.
- May chair auction committee at a Gala. Duties may include working closely with Relationship Managers; soliciting businesses for in-kind auction donations; maintaining spreadsheet of donations; sending thank you letters; and coordinating day-of auction logistics.
- Work with staff to ensure that sponsors are actively cultivated.
- Work with staff to coordinate volunteers for day-of event.
- Supervises the Event Volunteer(s)
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- To be provided by the Fundraising Relationship Manager responsible for the event or their designee
About American Red Cross - Eastern New York Region
33 Everett Road, Albany, NY 12205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
Your CommunityWatertown, NY 13601
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- Donor Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Average of 10 hours a month!