Your Local Red Cross Needs You! - Gilchrist County Area
American Red Cross - North Florida Region
Become a Red Cross Volunteer!
The vital work of the American Red Cross is made possible by people like you who contribute their unique backgrounds, talents and skill levels. We have volunteer opportunities to match a wide range of interests and time commitment. Our needs change based on current events, adding flexibility to get you involved in an area that inspires you!
Click "READ MORE" to see all the opportunities and services that the Red Cross has to offer!
Help Before, During, and After Crisis
- Disaster Services - Provide food, shelter, comfort and home for families affected by major disasters such as fire, hurricanes and tornadoes.
- Disaster Action Team - Respond to single-family fires with a disaster action team supervisor.
- Home Fire Preparedness - Install free smoke alarms and share safety information in at-risk communities.
- Disaster Preparedness Presenter - Educate individuals and groups on how to be prepared before a disaster occurs.
- Outreach - Attend community events to share the mission of the Red Cross with others so that they may have the tools they need to keep their family safe in times of crisis.
- IHL Instructor - Conduct classes on International Humanitarian Law.
Support Our Armed Forces
- Hospital Volunteer - Lend a hand to patients at Veterans Administration and military hospitals.
- Armed Forces Caseworker - Ensure delivery of emergency communications for members of the military and their families.
Provide Office and Warehouse Support
- Clerical - Assist with administrative tasks.
- Staff Support - Help with routine maintenance duties such as stocking supplies and checking inventory at shelters.
Take a Leadership Role
- Volunteer Services - Assist with volunteer recruitment, placement, record keeping and recognition.
- Community Volunteer Leader - Community Volunteer Leaders (CVL) act as a "face of the Red Cross" to the community and focus upon recruiting volunteers and managing key local relationships.
- Board Members - Serve on local boards and help with fundraising and marketing programs. Be the face of the Red Cross in your community and ensure we are serving your community well.
Assist with Fundraising Efforts
- Special Events - Support fundraising and special events.
- Thank a Donor - Make calls to thank Red Cross financial donors
Use Your Communication Skills
Engage in Our Efforts Internationally
- Grant Researching/Writing - Assist the fundraising team as they research, write and execute grants.
- Speakers - Provide presentations about Red Cross programs in the community.
- Public Affairs - During disasters, tell the Red Cross story to your community.
- International Tracing Services - Assist in the international search for persons living overseas, in war-torn countries or thought to be living in your community.
- Language Bank - Utilize your language skills to translate.
About American Red Cross - North Florida Region
751 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Due to COVID-19, we at the American Red Cross are delivering our mission a bit differently these days. Nearly all of our work is being done virtually when possible. After you complete the volunteer application at RedCross.org/Volunteer, a regional representative will reach out to speak to you about specific opportunities in your area and how you can help.
Office Locations: Jacksonville, Gainesville, Lake City, Panama City, Pensacola, and Tallahassee