7 people are interested
Volunteer Museum Tour Trainings
ORGANIZATION: Orange County Regional History Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
School-Tour Guides at the History Center
Help us make history come alive!
School-tour guides are essential to helping the History Center realize its mission and engaging young learners with important lessons about the past. Guides engage students of all ages to share important lessons from our past to make a difference in our community!
Fall 2023 School-Tour Training Sessions
New school-tour guides must complete all four training sessions and must commit to participating in two tours per month (weekly participation preferred).
Wednesday, September 6, 9am - 1pm
Wednesday, September 13, 9am - 1pm
Wednesday, September 20, 9am - 1pm
Wednesday, September 27, 9am - 1pm
For more information and to register, please contact our volunteer coordinator, Diane Masciale, at 407-836-8523 or e-mail her at Diane.Masciale@ocfl.net.
Benefits for active volunteers include:
- An engaging, rewarding experience
- Curator-led tours of exhibitions
- Free parking validation during scheduled volunteer shifts
- Complimentary virtual access to monthly Lunch & Learn programs
- Monthly volunteer e-newsletter
- After 50 hours of volunteer service:
- Complimentary individual Volunteer Membership
- After 100 hours of volunteer service:
- Complimentary individual Enhanced Volunteer Membership
- Eligibility for President’s Volunteer Service Award
- Volunteer outings
- Recognition during National Volunteer Appreciation Week each April
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation event
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Orange County Regional History Center
65 E Central Blvd, Orlando, FL 32801, US
The mission of the Orange County Regional History Center is to serve as the gateway for community engagement, education, and inspiration by preserving and sharing Central Florida’s continually unfolding story.
The Orange County Regional History Center is an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution and a member of the American Alliance of Museums. The History Center includes a museum in a historic courthouse, the collection of the Historical Society of Central Florida, the Joseph L. Brechner Research Library, and Heritage Square park. It advances its mission through wide-ranging programs, permanent and traveling exhibits, and limited-run exhibitions from other prestigious institutions.
65 East Central BoulevardDowntown OrlandoOrlando, FL 32801
July 12, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Exhibition Arts
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer one morning per week, 10am - 1pm.
- Volunteers must be available to attend all 4 training sessions.