Girls Volleyball Coach/Instructor
One Village One Voice is a 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organization located in the Bronx, We focus on keeping youth off the streets through sports and other activities. We seek a girl's Volleyball coach/Instructor to join our team. We are looking for a coach to help develop and expand our youth game mentally, physically. The ideal person will be a mentor, coach, and friend.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow and uphold the policies and mission statement of One Village One Voice inc.
- Help Plan, organize and direct the One Village One Voice inc Volleyball program.
- Develop practice drills and game strategies.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice.
- Performs support tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility forms, emergency data cards, and other related records.
- Help promote and fundraise for One village One Voice Basketball program.
- Attend meetings with founders and board members.
- Create a safe environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of youth.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understand the fundamentals of the game of Volleyball.
- Be in good physical condition.
- Have the ability to motivate players to reach their potential.
- Be able to effectively handle stress and keep the temper in check.
- Have the ability to notice small details.
- Experience coaching or training girls volleyball
- Experience playing Volleyball on the HIgh school, college or professional level.
- Be able to pass a background check.
About ONE VILLAGE ONE VOICE INC
947 E 223RD ST, BRONX, NY 10466, US
One village one voice mission to keep our youth off the streets and out of trouble. A Major focus point of our program is to guide them in a positive direction to become responsible young adults. We are a mentoring program that implements the fundamentals of basketball, chess, and similar activities to stimulate the young minds of our youth today.
One village one Voice mission is to develop quality youth programs for the Bronx and the entire New York City. Our mission is to keep our youth off the streets and out of trouble. A Major focal point of our program is to guide them in a positive direction to become responsible young adults. We are a mentoring program that implements the fundamentals of basketball, chess, and similar activities to stimulate the young minds of our youth today. One Village One Voice will assist youth with problems by giving them access to quality programs, mentors that truly care and access to facilities where they can make friends and not worry about the violence of the streets. Our current programs are basketball, youth fitness, and Chess. Future programs will consist of youth business development, double Dutch, Money management, boxing initiative, tournaments for our sports programs and many more. Our focus is to bring back community support for each other and continue to nourish our youth.
We'll work with your schedule.
3757 White plains RoadBronx, NY 10467
- Sports Coaching
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Background Check