Veteran Volunteers Needed!
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
The Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program aims to pair recruited veteran volunteers with hospice patients who have been identified as veterans. Veteran volunteers are important because they are able to form a camaraderie with veteran patients that can help eliminate the stoicism and secrecy that veteran patients often develop from having served in the armed forces.
Veteran Volunteers can help by:
- Assist veterans in reminiscing/telling life stories
- Educate and assist patients in receiving veteran benefits
- Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute certificates for Veteran’s Day and other recognition events
- Friendly visits
- Improve communication within families
- Assist in replacing lost medals
- Provide respite for caregivers
- Read to patients
Veteran volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with each veteran patient allowing them to become an essential piece in the delivery of quality end-of-life care.
14900 Conference Center Dr, Suite 170, Chantilly, VA 20151, US
Profoundly advancing the well-being and honoring the dignity of those we serve, helping make the world a better place--one family at a time.
Compassus is leading the transformation of healthcare delivery: continuously and measurably improving the quality of person-centered, physician-driven, team-based care.