CLEAR BLUE SEA
Clear Blue Sea (CBSea) is a San Diego nonprofit startup dedicated to cleansing the ocean of plastic pollution. One of our main efforts is to educate the public about ocean pollution and advocate for solutions to address this problem, especially with younger generations as they will face worsening environmental conditions in their lifetimes.
We are looking for volunteers or interns to edit/produce videos to educate a public audience on topics relevant to the problems and solutions of plastic pollution, including Clear Blue Sea's innovation FRED, the Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris, and our internship Program. This position offers flexible hours with specific toles and responsibilities defined in collaboration with the CBSea team.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with CBSea teams to understand the type of materials needed for the website, social media, and marketing presentations
- Outlining video storylines for specific CBSea platforms, could be short clips, longer movies, or any length in between depending on the need
- Recording video segments or taking pictures for planned storyboards
- Engaging with CBSea engineers to capture images or create simulated videos of FRED or other CBSea designs as needed
- Editing raw video/images/audio with the video editing tools of your choice
- Attend biweekly meeting with CBSea leadership to present status, brainstorm issues, discuss next steps, and secure guidance and collaboration as needed
Preferred capabilities include:
- Enthusiastic about applying technical and artistic skills for building our original media content
- Knowledgeable using video production programs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to convey technical concepts to a general audience and work collaboratively with the Clear Blue Sea marketing, engineering and business teams
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and documenting marketing strategies, implementation planning, and analyzing improvements
About CLEAR BLUE SEA
7939 Silverton Ave, SAN DIEGO, CA 92122, US
Clear Blue Sea's mission is to cleanse the oceans of floating plastic pollution by operating fleets of unmanned marine robots powered by renewable energy.
CLEAR BLUE SEA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in San Diego, CA with a mission to cleanse the oceans of plastic pollution. Clear Blue Sea’s innovative marine debris removal system is an unmanned, solar-powered Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris (FRED). Three small-scale FRED prototypes have been built and tested in Mission Bay and several new FRED projects are currently in work, including a FRED Do-it-Yourself (FREDDY) Instructional Package and the design of a 50-foot FRED to be implemented in Hawaii as a pilot. Our FRED projects have involved over 200 student interns as we are dedicated to training and mentoring younger generations in methods and innovations needed to increase awareness of ocean plastics and solutions for ocean cleanup and conservancy.