"We Honor Veterans" Patient Support Volunteer
Are you a Veteran who is caring, reliable, and friendly?
Task: Patient Support Volunteers for the "We Honor Veterans" program
We are looking for military veterans. Our "We Honor Veterans" program pairs military veteran volunteers with hospice patients who have been identified as former military. Veterans have a unique ability to relate and connect with veteran patients and their families.
- Location(s): opportunities in Lawrence, Orange, Crawford, Jackson, Washington, Harrison, Jennings, Jefferson, Scott, Clark, Floyd counties.
- Training: is provided by Kindred Hospice and can be based on your schedule.
- Days and hours: Flexible.
- Time commitment: Flexible!
- Requirements: A background check, drug screen, and TB Skin Test.
*This is a position requiring patient interaction. Please call Peggy at 812.284.2600 for more information about all available volunteer opportunities. Kindred Hospice Volunteers are provided orientation and training that will fit your busy schedule.
About Kindred Hospice
391 Quartermaster Court, Jeffersonville, IN 47130, US
To make a difference in the lives of our patients and families by working hand and hand throughout their journey.
Hospice care is specially designed to comfort patients and family members when patients have reached a point in their lives where the priority of care turns to ensuring the patient is at ease, rather than curing the illness.