Service to Armed Forces Volunteer - Tyndall AFB
American Red Cross - North Florida Region
Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) offers a wide range of services to members of the Armed Forces and their families, including: 24/7 emergency communications, access to financial assistance in partnership with military aid societies, access to confidential Reconnection Workshops, information and referral services, veterans assistance and more.Volunteers are needed in each of the following areas.
- Emergency Services: The Red Cross assists in communicating emergency family matters, such as serious illness, death in the family or birth of a child. After verifying the emergency, we will send a verified message to the military authorities who will then deliver the information to the armed forces member. This information is used to verify circumstances for emergency leave requests.In addition to emergency messages, the Red Cross provides free preparedness trainings and seminars, and can help with welfare inquires during disasters.
- Education (Outreach & Briefings): TheRed Cross attends pre-deployment briefings and other military unit family gatherings to answer questions and deliver information about Red Cross services available to military families.
- Information and Referrals: Local Red Cross caseworkers are available to help military and veteran families find the assistance they need.
- Service to Military & Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Facilities: Red Cross volunteers serve in military treatment facilities and support the VA Voluntary Services program at the VA Hospital.
- Building Family Resiliency: The Red Cross offers free resiliency-based workshops for parents and children of military and veteran families. The interactive workshops are scheduled on request and are facilitated by licensed Red Cross volunteers.
About American Red Cross - North Florida Region
751 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Due to COVID-19, we at the American Red Cross are delivering our mission a bit differently these days. Nearly all of our work is being done virtually when possible. After you complete the volunteer application at RedCross.org/Volunteer, a regional representative will reach out to speak to you about specific opportunities in your area and how you can help.
Office Locations: Jacksonville, Gainesville, Lake City, Panama City, Pensacola, and Tallahassee