WE NEED YOU!! Blood Drives Need Volunteers NOW!!! Turn Compassion Into Action!
American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
Do you like helping people and saving lives? As a Donor Ambassador and Temp-taking temp you help provide professional customer service in a medical setting to make blood donors feel inspired to return. Help check-in blood donors, coordinate new appointments, answer FAQ and distribute snacks to blood donors. Blood drives are held throughout San Bernardino County. Volunteer hours accumulated can be used to satisfy applicable class prerequisites, strengthen your skills, learn new skills or potentially lead to a recommendation letter resource.
* Manage the reception process by ensuring each donor is warmly greeted and assisted with initial intake according to the appointment priority system.
* Manage the hospitality experience by offering refreshments to donors, thanking them for their contribution, and alerting staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell.
* Socialize and build relationships with blood donors to promote future blood donations
* Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately.
* Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values.
* Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed.
* Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas.
* Two 4 or 6 hour shifts per month
* Professional, clear and diplomatic communication skills
* Punctual and dependable in arriving for shift
* Reliable transportation
If interested in volunteering, please contact Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, Juana Zapata at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.