Teach youth summer camp about companion animal welfare!
Are you a high-energy animal-lover with a knack for working with children? Are you ready to use your skills to change lives? If so, we have the perfect volunteer opportunity for you!
We are looking for talented, energetic individuals to join our team of Education Program Volunteers! These volunteers can help in one or more of the following roles: Camp Counselor (Summer and/or Winter), Girl Scout Workshop Leader or Assistant, and/or Birthday Party Leader or Assistant. Our ideal volunteers will find joy in sharing HEA’s story and educating youth about animal welfare. Exact duties will vary from role to role.
Camp Counselor Responsibilities:
- Checking campers in and out of camp
- Working with another counselor to supervise 12 campers, ages 7-12
- Instilling a passion for animal welfare in campers
- Teaching the future generation of animal heroes what it means to help animals, why shelters are important, and how they can get involved
- Leading educational games and activities on the topics of:
- Animal welfare
- Responsible pet ownership
- All about HEA
- Assisting and supervising campers in various activities such as:
- Animal interactions
- Leading camps based on the curriculum set by HEA’s Community Outreach Specialist
- Providing basic first-aid, as-needed
- Reporting concerns to Community Outreach Specialist, as-needed
- Upbeat and engaging personality with an excitement for youth education
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Comfortable working with both cats and dogs
- 18 years of age or older
- Previous experience working with children is a plus!
Time Commitment: Will vary from camp to camp. One session of summer camp is 3 days long (6 hrs/day), and there are multiple summer sessions. Winter camps are one day long (6 hrs/day) and there are multiple winter sessions.
We ask that volunteers commit to at least one summer session or two winter sessions.Training: We will provide training, as needed, about the organization and the curriculum for camps.
About Happily Ever After Animal Sanctuary Inc
2255 Fox Heights Lane, Green Bay, WI 54304, US
To create a world where the life of every companion animal matters...Every.Single.One.
The mission follows the vision - To provide a loving home to every companion animal that enters our care. Lifetime guaranteed.
The pillars of our work are simple:
- Community Education
- Sanctuary/Lifetime Care
Learn more: www.heanokill.org
We'll work with your schedule.
2255 Fox Heights LnGreen Bay, WI 54304
- Teaching / Instruction
- Animal Care / Handling
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 6 hrs/day for 3 days