Catholic Charities Vista Food Resource Center Assistant
Catholic Charities Diocese San Diego
Allow those facing food insecurity in North County San Diego to live with dignity. Assist with intake, transport, packing and distributing food to ensure all members of the community are able to feed their families.
Catholic Charities Diocese of San Diego's Food Resource Center in Vista serves individuals and families in North County San Diego, providing for their most basic needs. Assist with packing and distributing food to ensure all members of the community are able to feed their families.
Help those experiencing food insecurity as a an assistant at Vista Food Resource Center.
- Pack and distribute food bags to clients using a menu from which clients select food items
- Sort and stock incoming food donations
- Help unload any incoming deliveries
- Assist in weighing and sorting incoming food donations
- Package monthly commodities for distribution
- Assist clients face-to-face with their food menu choices and resources for their household
- Client intake on computer, screen for Cal fresh (food stamps), greeting clients and answering phones
- Assist clients with Calfresh (food stamp) applications and repayments
- Pick up deliveries throughout San Diego County including the Feeding America Food Rescue Program (FRP) Program, local food banks, food drives, and holiday events, among other deliveries as needed.
*Volunteers for this position must complete an application process with Catholic Charities.
About Catholic Charities Diocese San Diego
3888 Paducah Drive, San Diego, CA 92117, US
Catholic Charities Diocese of San Diego exists to exemplify the scriptural values of mercy and hospitality by witnessing the gospel message of Matthew 25. As a volunteer with Catholic Charities you WITNESS for a just society through your words and actions CALL by example, others and institutions to act on behalf of the poor and marginalized ACCOMPANY those we serve; acknowledging their inherent dignity
Catholic Charities' programs are designed to meet the challenge of an ever-changing community by utilizing spiritual, human, and financial resources to empower those we serve to live with dignity. Catholic Charities serves both San Diego and Imperial Counties by providing:
-Immigrant & Refugee Services
Catholic Charities offers a variety of opportunities to serve the most poor and vulnerable in our communities. We invite you as individuals, or as a group, to build relationships through presence and service. Put your Faith into Action! Visit our website to view and sign up for all opportunities.