International Services Restoring Family Links - Caseworker
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather the details to initiate a search for their loved ones.
- Search for missing relatives in your community through reviewing and analyzing case details in the case management database, conducting home visits, speaking with community members, and contacting organizations serving refugees and migrants.
- Deliver Red Cross Family News Messages to clients from their relatives, as well as collect replies.
- Keep clients informed of the progress made in their cases.
- Deliver news to clients on the results of their search.
- Enter new case information and case updates into the case management database accurately and thoroughly.
- Provide competent, high quality, and efficient casework services to clients while displaying empathy and adhering to the Fundamental Principals of the Red Cross as well as the program standards and guidelines set forth by National Headquarters.
- Identify successful stories to promote our International Casework services
- Desire to support the American Red Cross humanitarian mission through reconnecting separated
- families. (Required)
- Ability to work independently with diverse populations in a culturally competent manner, and to
- embody the Red Cross Fundamental Principals including Impartiality and Neutrality. (Required)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, experience working in databases; coupled
- with excellent research skills and comfort using technology. (Required)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills. (Required)
- Excellent attention to detail. (Required)
- Experience working with, diverse communities including migrants and refugees.
On-The-Job Training and shadowing with an experienced RFL caseworker.
If interested in volunteering for this position, please contact Volunteer Recruitment Specialists, Christine Villafuerte at Christine.Villafuerte@redcross.org
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
- Customer Service
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Available to support at least one event or activity per month, attend program meetings as scheduled and support upcoming event research on a personal schedule.
- Four online classes, on-the-job training and shadowing experienced caseworker