Disaster Recovery Casework Volunteer (Lake City Area)
American Red Cross - North Florida Region
Support the disaster recovery of individuals, families, and communities through the activities of Casework and Recovery Planning, Recovery Systems, and Community Recovery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct client interviews: both initial interview and follow-up conversations, according to standards
- Assess qualifications for direct client assistance
- Use the Client Assistance System 2.0 to document the assistance and services provided in the client record according to standards
- Assist with recovery planning, problem-solving and advocacy on request according to standards
- Provide clients with information and referrals to community partners
- Learn about the Recovery activities and develop knowledge, skills, expertise in Casework and Recovery Planning, Systems and/or Community Recovery
- Has the option to work remotely after completing required training.
About American Red Cross - North Florida Region
751 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Due to COVID-19, we at the American Red Cross are delivering our mission a bit differently these days. Nearly all of our work is being done virtually when possible. After you complete the volunteer application at RedCross.org/Volunteer, a regional representative will reach out to speak to you about specific opportunities in your area and how you can help.
Office Locations: Jacksonville, Gainesville, Lake City, Panama City, Pensacola, and Tallahassee