6 people are interested
Road to Recovery Volunteer Driver - Fairfax County
ORGANIZATION: American Cancer Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Road To Recovery is an American Cancer Society program designed to help improve the quality of life and reduce barriers to care for cancer patients undergoing active treatment by transporting them to and from cancer-related treatment appointments.
The Road To Recovery Volunteer driver can help provide people with transportation to and from their cancer-related treatment appointments. Drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help ensure that people with cancer get the treatments they need. Volunteer drivers are also there to show support and provide information and resource referrals coordinated through the American Cancer Society.
Keep in mind that most rides are needed during Monday - Friday, primarily between 7 am and 7 pm. Drivers should have regular availability at some point during that time frame (you choose your availability).
If you own or have regular access to a safe, reliable vehicle, then you’re already on the road to volunteering. But you’ll also need:
- Between the ages of 18 and 84.
- Valid driver’s license and adequate automobile insurance.
- Access to a safe and reliable vehicle.
- Pass background check and motor vehicle records checks.
- Comfortable using technology with reliable internet access.
- Complete required training and follow through on ride commitments.
- Appreciation and respect for diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and cultures of patients, caregivers, volunteers, and staff.
- Must certify completion of COVID-19 vaccination series at least 14 days prior to participating in the program and agree to stay up to date with vaccination series, including all recommended vaccine boosters.
To learn more or sign up to volunteer, please visit www.cancer.org/drive or contact Jen Burdette at email@example.com.
About American Cancer Society
124 Park St. SE, Suite 100, Vienna, VA 22180, US
The American Cancer Society's mission is the save lives, celebrate lives and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
The American Cancer Society is a volunteer driven organization. As an American Cancer Society volunteer you can honor a survivor or a loved one lost to cancer, help save lives of people in your local community, and around the world. It only takes a little time to do a lot of good. Whether driving a patient to their lifesaving treatments, advocating for new laws or helping to plan a community event, discover how rewarding it is to be a volunteer.
Greater Herndon AreaHerndon, VA 20170
July 26, 2022
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask that you provide at least two rides per month. You have complete flexibility to select what days/times work best for you.