Graphic Design Intern
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area is seeking a creative and conscientious self-starter with graphic design skills who is passionate about our mission and interested in building their portfolio with a nationally recognized non-profit brand. This position works with the marketing team.
- Create and design print and digital materials
- Retouch and prepare photos for a variety of use cases, including social media
- Adhere to Make-A-Wish brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
- Collaborate with the marketing team and others to develop design concepts
- Receive feedback from Make-A-Wish staff members and make necessary changes
- Assemble final files for print as needed; liaise with print vendors for quality control
- Occasionally produce more complex media, such as animated graphics
- Ensure a wide variety of graphics projects are completed as needed on deadline
- Strong graphic design skills-knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Strong creative skills and an eye for detail
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Experience with and knowledge of social media platforms from a graphics standpoint
- Work proactively and independently, communicating well with marketing staff
- Commitment to maintaining brand standards on behalf of Make-A-Wish
- Additional visual communications skills such as videography, photography, or HTML a plus
10-15 hours a week; flexible schedule. Some work can be done remotely, although we prefer someone who can be in the office at least four hours a week. Please indicate your availability and preferred hours in your cover letter.
Graphic design, digital arts, or related field preferred
Minimum G.P.A. is 3.0
This is a volunteer position. College credit may be available depending on the requirements of your college or university.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter; resume; and portfolio/work samples via email to:
No phone calls please.
1333 Broadway Ste 200, Oakland, CA 94612, US
We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Make-A-Wish is a charitable non-profit organization whose purpose is to fulfill magical wishes for children with life-threatening illnesses. Proceeds from the Make-A-Wish fundraising efforts are used to fulfill children's dreams and create special memories for the entire family.
We'll work with your schedule.
1333 BroadwaySte 200Oakland, CA 94612
- Graphic Design / Print
- Graphic Design
- Must be at least 18
- 10-15 hours a week; flexible schedule. Some work can be done remotely, although we prefer someone who can be in the office at least four hours a week. Please indicate your availability and preferred hours in your cover letter.