26 people are interested
Comfy with computers? Share your skills so others can be too!
ORGANIZATION: Palmdale City Library
Please visit the new page to apply.
26 people are interested
Volunteer Public Computer Aide
The Palmdale City Library is currently recruiting for Volunteer Public Computer Aides. This position consists of helping patrons accomplish their computer and printing related needs in a helpful, positive manner. Note: Two hours a week is the maximum number of hours available for this position. We prefer a commitment of at least three months of volunteering.
A successful Volunteer Public Computer Aide will have the ability to:
- Help patrons with computers - we’re looking for someone familiar with the Microsoft Office suite (in particular Word, and PowerPoint), Adobe, Google Drive and Docs, creating and accessing email across various platforms (Yahoo!, Gmail, etc.), creating and opening attachments for email, and saving and retrieving files with USB drives
- Help people operate our scanner, copier, and printer, and make reservations using our Envisionware computer system (training provided)
- Help people apply for library cards by directing them to our online application (training provided)
- Think on their feet and exercise sound judgment
- Interact in a friendly, patient manner with a diverse range of individuals of all ages and backgrounds
- Maintain boundaries and be discreet when coming in contact with sensitive and private information
- Follow the Library's current policies regarding mask wearing and social distancing, which adheres to CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety
- Available Monday - Saturday; morning and early afternoon availability a plus.
- Willingness to volunteer no more than two hours a week and commit to three months or more.
- At least 16 years old
- Ability to pass a DOJ Livescan Background screening
- Strong Customer Service skills
Residents wishing to join this dynamic team are invited to apply here. After submission, an email will be sent with a link to complete a volunteer application.
For additional information please call 661/267-5600.
Note: This is a volunteer position and as such volunteer is offering their services of their own free will without any expectation of compensation, benefits, or insurance of any kind. Palmdale City Library follows all CDC guidelines.
About Palmdale City Library
700 E. Palmdale Blvd., Palmdale, CA 93550, US
The Public Library is dedicated to free and equal access to information, knowledge, independent lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and the joys of reading for our diverse community.
Public libraries in California seek to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
700 E. Palmdale Blvd.Palmdale, CA 93550
September 27, 2022
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week is the maximum number of hours available for this position and we prefer a commitment of at least 3 months of volunteering.