Early Childhood Education Classroom Aid
The Refugee Education Center
Lend a helping hand at our Hands Connected Centers! Working with children ages 0-5, Be a teacher aid and classroom mentor by reading with students, playing outside, tidying the classroom and more.
Early Childhood volunteer will assist Hands Connected center staff with maintaining the safety and care of the children at the center. Most of the work will be playing with children, supporting art and sensory activities, and participating in outdoor play. Position is designed to allow an individual seeking experience with duties aligned with early childhood education and child development with diverse populations.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Refugee Education Center
2130 Enterprise St. SE, Kentwood, MI 49503, US
To support refugee children and families to gain the necessary skills for seamless and successful integration into the community through providing comprehensive educational support and youth development services, along with fostering cultural knowledge and understanding.
Founded in 2006 by immigrants and refugees, the Refugee Education & Cultural Center (REC) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit based in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Its goal is to support families and individuals to gain the skills necessary for successful integration into the community.
The main objectives of the program are as follows:
- Empower refugee families to succeed in school and in life.
- Support refugee children to finish school and become self-sufficient.
- Provide refugee families a place to socialize to strengthen their families and their communities.
- Foster a lasting sense of community that will benefit both refugee and non-refugee families alike.
- Foster leadership development in the refugee community.