CMMB - Healthier Lives Worldwide is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, co-operative, medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, we have worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB's Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
We believe in a world in which health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children, and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence, and respect every day. We provide our volunteers with a meaningful volunteer package, and the opportunities to learn, grow, and leave a longstanding legacy. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
COVID update and work from home update:
CMMB has developed guidelines to inform the different aspects of preparedness and preventive measures we need to put in place for the reopening of our NYC Headquarters. These guidelines were developed based on the Employee Wellness Survey responses, the COVID-19 Task Force and external survey through the Humentum network. CMMB is still working from home to protect the health of its employees. Internship postings will be remote until further notice. In the meantime, we are interviewing for remote service to support the COVID response with urgently needed skills.CMMB Volunteer Program
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for health service and other professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of professionals and practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB's Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
CMMB is seeking an undergraduate, graduate student, or experienced career professional who can intern for a minimum of 150 hours (flexible) and support our Volunteer Program:
Responsibilities could include:
Outreach & Recruitment
1) Conducting screening for candidates by processing volunteer applications and inquiries
2) Sourcing, planning and updating job descriptions and online postings
3) Liaise with prospective and current volunteers for screening, placement and support
4) Contribute to the volunteer alumni strategy and program development
Communication & Reporting
1) Assist with reviewing and updating training and outreach materials
2) Help with ongoing volunteer communication and engagement
3) Support evaluation and measurement of volunteer satisfaction
4) Assist with volunteer data collection, entry and cleanup and transition to new CRM system
5) Update reporting system on demand fulfillment and recruitment goals
Admin & logistics support
1) Assist on the coordination of training and networking events
2) Support the coordination of mission trips
3) Support with the coordination of visas, expenses and travel bookings
4) Assist with organization of electronic records
5) Other duties as assigned
1) Bachelor’s degree or current university student
2) Strong written and verbal communication skills
3) Ability to work collaboratively across departments
4) Excellent time management skills
5) Attention to detail
6) Former volunteer experience preferred
7) Project Management, Program development and/or HR related experience preferred
8) Proficiency in Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office tools
-Seasonal, and they work around the typical academic calendar. Internships typically last around three months, and the timeline is as follows:
- Spring: mid-January through April
- Summer: June through September
- Fall: September through December
-Term: Minimum 3 months
- College/university credit available
- Part-time, Flexible schedules
- Office hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm EST
Contact & Application:
Apply online at: https://cmmb.org/get-involved/volunteer/