During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
COVID update and work from home update:
Currently we are in the process of developing guidelines to inform the different aspects of preparedness and preventive measures we need to put in place for when NYC reopens. These guidelines are being developed based on the Employee Wellness Survey responses, the COVID-19 Task Force and external survey through the Humentum network. In the meantime, our current work from home arrangement is extended until the end of July 2020. This date may be modified depending on prevailing situations.About CMMB - Healthier Lives Worldwide
CMMB is an international NGO providing long-term, co-operative medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, CMMB has worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.CMMB Volunteer Program
Outreach & Recruitment
1) Conducting screening for candidates by processing volunteer applications and inquiries
2) Sourcing, planning and updating job descriptions and online postings
3) Liaise with prospective and current volunteers for screening, placement and support
4) Contribute to the volunteer alumni strategy and program development
Communication & Reporting
1) Assist with reviewing and updating training and outreach materials
2) Help with ongoing volunteer communication and engagement
3) Support evaluation and measurement of volunteer satisfaction
4) Assist with volunteer data collection, entry and cleanup and transition to new CRM system
5) Update reporting system on demand fulfillment and recruitment goals
Admin & logistics support
1) Assist on the coordination of training and networking events
2) Support the coordination of mission trips
3) Support with the coordination of visas, expenses and travel bookings
4) Assist with organization of electronic records
5) Other duties as assigned
1) Bachelor’s degree or current university student
2) Strong written and verbal communication skills
3) Ability to work collaboratively across departments
4) Excellent time management skills
5) Attention to detail
6) Former volunteer experience preferred
7) Project Management, Program development and/or HR related experience preferred
8) Proficiency in Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office tools
100 Wall St, Floor 9, New York, NY 10005, US
Inspired by the example of Jesus, CMMB works in partnership globally to deliver locally sustainable, quality health solutions to women, children, and their communities.
CMMB is a leading faith-based NGO focused exclusively on global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships. Now entering its second century, CMMB is committed to integrating and focusing its programming around saving the lives of children and mothers by concentrating on leading causes of mortality in targeted communities.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB works at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. CMMB has committed to develop 20 CHAMPS sites by 2020, incorporating at least 3 in Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, and Zambia.
We'll work with your schedule.
100 Wall StFL 9New York, NY 10005
June 5, 2020