After-School Program Volunteer
2 people are interested
The Program: Magic Zone - We provide services for "K to TAY (Transitional Age Youth 18-24)" with the goal of improving the personal and academic assets of each participant. Academic support services include homework assistance, tutoring, goal setting and general guidance about how to navigate the school system. Enrichment programming supports personal skills development in areas of responsibility and self-advocacy. This holistic programming introduces youth to new skills and passions, such as technology, arts, health, cooking, writing, and sports. A "Community Engineer" framework is also interwoven throughout program, which provides a deeper understanding of their needs, individualizes support, and facilitates the development of trusting relationships. Additionally, the TAY cohort is engaged in internships and workforce-related skill-building, such as resume writing, job preparation, and mock interviewing.
The Job: After-School Program Volunteer works directly with youth served by the program in their designated cohort (either K-2, 3-5, 6-8, High School). Volunteers provide support to their assigned Program Lead in order to best implement Magic Zone’s program model daily.
- Assist with reinforcement of program plan throughout the program day
- Facilitation of tutoring and study hall, recreation activities, and snacks during program day
- Help with transition times during program
- High School Diploma or GED, in pursuit of 4-year degree preferred
- Passion for working with low-income or opportunity youth populations
- Confidence in homework help for assigned age-group
- Desire to learn and gain new skills and be a team player
- Flexible demeanor with the ability to multi-task and change focus at any time
- Exhibits the program values of integrity, cooperation, diligence, and dedication
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Collective Impact
1050 McAllister Street, San Francisco, CA 94115, US
Collective Impact’s mission is to provide youth, families, and programs with the tools and resources they need to succeed.
We believe that we are all connected and if we work together we can develop critical solutions to the issues facing our community. Based out of the historic Ella Hill Hutch Community Center in the Western Addition, Collective Impact serves as an anchor institution and a safe haven for children, youth and families. We are an incubator for community-based organizations and provide the expertise and resources they need so their developing programs can flourish. Through all of our work and the programs we serve, we improve the lives of over 3,000 people every year.
We'll work with your schedule.
1050 McAllister StreetSAN FRANCISCO, CA 94115
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Hours: # of hours per week flexible Schedule: Program runs 2:00PM – 6:00PM, daily
- Proof of Negative TB Test Result