Visitor Services Representative
2 people are interested
Representatives serve as greeters and tour guides to visitors at the Memorial. A volunteer in this position will be the first line of contact for visitors at the Memorial and are important to how the Memorial reaches out to servicewomen and the public. The Memorial represents the story of women’s service, and as a volunteer, you will help honor servicewomen, preserve their stories, and educate the public.
· Welcome visitors to the Memorial and Education Center
· Operate the visitor services desk and computer
· Distribute printed information
· Provide interpretations and answer visitors’ questions
· Encourage the registration of servicewomen in the Register database
· Begin and introduce a film in the theater
· Assist event and program attendees
· Give tours of the monument and its exhibits
About WOMEN IN MILITARY SERVICE FOR AMERICA MEMORIAL FOUNDATION INC
Memorial Ave. & Schley Dr., ARLINGTON, VA 22203, US
The Women In Military Service For America Memorial, at the Ceremonial Entrance to Arlington National Cemetery, is the only major national memorial honoring all women who have defended America throughout history. Their patriotism and bravery are a part of our nation’s heritage and are now recognized. Visitors to the Women’s Memorial experience the collective history of women in the military along with the individual stories of registered servicewomen. The Women’s Memorial: -recognizes all women who have served in or with the United States Armed Forces--past, present and future; -documents the experiences of these women and tells their stories of service, sacrifice and achievement; -makes their contributions a visible part of our history; -illustrates their contribution equal to that of men in defense of our nation; and -serves as inspiration for others.
The Women's Memorial stands at the ceremonial entrance of Arlington National Cemetery, and serves as a living memorial to the women of the past and present Armed Forces. We strive to honor these women and to teach future generations about their contributions America and its history.
We'll work with your schedule.
Memorial Ave & Schley DrArlingtonArlington, VA 22211
- General Education
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Generally, these volunteers are expected to work one 4-hour shift per week. Weekdays and weekends are available for this position, between 9 and 5.