49 people are interested
Summer ESL Tutors Needed
ORGANIZATION: Literacy Network
Please visit the new page to apply.
49 people are interested
Volunteer with Literacy Network as an ESL Tutor! Come work with adult immigrants and refugees in our ESL tutoring program. Volunteer tutors work 1:1 with a learner every week, using a provided lesson plan from the Group Leader. The Group Leader supports 8 tutoring pairs in a shared space each week.
- All tutoring is done in English
- Tutors meet weekly with their learners for two hours
- No experience needed! Training and lesson plans are provided
- Your Group Leader is available every tutoring session to support you
- You can apply for any semester (Fall, Spring, Summer)
- If all tutoring spots are full, accepted applicants will be invited to join a waitlist
- Be 18+ years old
- Complete training before tutoring
- Be reliable, professional, patient, and kind
- Speak, read, and write English fluently
- Have a working computer & reliable internet (if tutoring virtually)
- Have reliable transportation (when tutoring is held in-person)
- Check email regularly
- Commit to tutoring through the full semester, with no more than two absence
- Notify staff in advance if you will be absent so they can find a substitute
Weekly ESL Tutoring Classes:
We are looking for tutors for our Summer 2023 Semester. Our current tutoring needs are posted on our website: litnetwork.org/volunteer
After your fill out a volunteer application, we will be in touch about tutor placements and training.
2 More opportunities with Literacy Network
About Literacy Network
701 Dane St, Madison, WI 53713, US
Literacy Network teaches reading, writing, communication, and computer skills to Dane County adults so they can achieve financial security, well-being and deeper engagement with their families and the community.
Literacy Network assists adults in Dane County who are low-income and who need help improving their literacy skills, whether they are immigrants/refugees learning English, adults reading/writing below a 5th grade level, or folks studying to pass their GED or high school equivalency exam. We offer free group classes and trained volunteer tutors at locations throughout the Madison area. Programs operate on a three semester schedule: spring, summer, and fall, and we recruit interns and tutors every semester.
701 Dane StMadison, WI 53713
May 17, 2023
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers commit to tutoring two hours per week during the semester, with less than two absences.