Board of Director
Boundless Brilliance is a Los Angeles based 501c3 nonprofit, and our mission is "to educate, empower, and engage students in order to close the gender gap in STEM fields." We envision a future of STEM leadership that is as diverse as the world in which we live.
What We Are Seeking: We seek accomplished and energetic candidates of any background for our Board of Directors, who are inspired by our mission. Successful candidates will bring an understanding of nonprofit governance, and a commitment to the expansion and long-term sustainability of Boundless Brilliance and its mission.
we are especially looking for individuals who particularly are passionate about: women and girl's empowerment, diversity & inclusion, STEM, and education.
Specific Experience: Any of the following specific experience would be of great benefit to the Board of Directors:
- Fund development
- Event management/planning
- Strategic planning
- Legal expertise
The Board is responsible for fiduciary oversight, strategic direction, and active fundraising
, while leaving management of day-to-day operations to the Executive Director. This includes these key areas of engagement:1. Vision, Strategy, and Oversight
- Participating in periodic vision setting and strategic planning
- Overseeing and reviewing the organization's finances including approving the annual budget, monitoring expenditures and ensuring that sound risk management policies are in place and in compliance with all legal requirements.
- Providing support and counsel to the Executive Director and her staff as requested.
3. Fundraising and Promotion
- Identifying, cultivating, selecting, and orienting new trustees
- Reviewing the Executive Director's performance at regular intervals
- Assessing Board and trustee performance
- Determining Board size and composition; and setting policies regarding committee assignments and the selection of officers.
As a volunteer Board of Director you will:
- Working with the Executive Director and the Development & Outreach Director to identify, introduce, solicit, and cultivate the long-term interest of potential donors, other funders, and volunteers in supporting the organization.
- Contributing an annual gift to the organization commensurate with personal capacity.
- Assisting the organization in raising its visibility in print and online media, among the public and various constituencies.
- Share your expertise
- Increase leadership skills
- Help your community
- Build a strong network
- Make a difference
If interested in joining the Board of Directors of Journey Out, and/or learning more about the organization, please contact us at email@example.com
About BOUNDLESS BRILLIANCE
15701 SHERMAN WAY UNIT 8079, VAN NUYS, CA 91409, US
The mission of Boundless Brilliance is to educate, empower, and engage students in order to close the gender gap in STEM fields.
Boundless Brilliance is a Los Angeles County based 501c3 nonprofit which launched in 2017 and now boasts over 130 volunteers. The organization was founded on a simple, powerful idea: STEM is for everyone. We envision a future of STEM leadership that is as diverse as the world in which we live.
We utilize a unique approach to carry out our mission, which includes empowerment messages and early intervention - targeting students as early as 6 years old, with school-based classroom presentations and no-cost community events that help to ensure that hands on immersion in STEM is accessible to all.