The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)of Kanawha, Boone and Putnam Counties provides opportunities for people age 55 and over to make a difference in their community. Volunteers share their skills and life experiences with non-profit agencies and organizations that are meeting the many needs of our community. In our " Adopt A Grandparent Project", seniors living in assisted living facilities are recruited and matched with children from local Head Start Programs, After School Programs and schools. The children visit with the seniors once a week at the senior facility for organized activities. These activites help bridge the age gap, improve emotional well being and self esteem, provide mentoring, creative and educational outlets for the seniors and children. It is a wonderful volunteer opportunity for seniors whose mobility may be limited. Terms: Site is handicapped accessible, Volunteer must be at least 55 years of age Benefits: Accident / Liability, Training
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Assisting Your Community - WV VOAD
- Disaster Action Teams - ARC
- Disaster Case Managers - WV VOAD
- Fostering Futures - CASA
- Volunteer Services Support Team...
- Disaster Preparedness - ARC
- Food Pantry Support - Madison...
- RSVP of Boone County
- Make a Difference - CASA
- Service to the Armed Forces - ARC
- Disaster Center Assistance - ARC...
- Save a Life - ARC Dis Srvc
- Health and Safety Course...
- Help Others to Continue to Drive...
- Tax Aide Assitance - WV AARP
- Fire Safety Teams, Home Fire...