GRE Math Tutor Needed
. We are currently seeking a volunteer to serve as an off-site GRE Level Math Tutor.
The Volunteer Math Tutor will read and tutor from any material provided by the client.
- Coach/Teach client high school level math concepts including arithmetic, algebra, and geometry and data analysis.
- Assess, assist and encourage the client in the learning processes.
- Review materials used in classes, explain various topics, and answers all the doubts and questions of the student regarding to that topic.
- Knowledge of high school level arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data analysis are required.
- Experienced GRE Level Math teacher or tutor is a plus but not required.
- Must be available EITHER Mondays or Thursdays 4:00PM - 6:00PM or Fridays from 3:00PM - 5:00PM
- Prior experience tutoring a visually impaired learner is helpful but not required.
- Passion for teaching / tutoring required.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills are helpful.
- Ethical character and reliable.
- Strong commitment to service required.
Volunteer Tutoring Opportunity Location: West 23 rd Street, Manhattan, Zip Code 10011
Details of the Opportunity: The ideal volunteer will be available EITHER Mondays or Thursdays 4:00PM - 6:00PM or Fridays from 3:00PM - 5:00PM. Please note, this Math Tutoring opportunity is an on-going opportunity until the client feels ready to sit the GRE exam. Volunteers must be available 2 hours once a week, for at least 6 months.
Participation in this opportunity will require, in addition to the usual completion of a volunteer application on our website http://www.lighthouseguild.org/about-us/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities/volunteer-application , and a new volunteer interview, additional screening including the supplemental off-site reading application. https://lighthouseinternational.wufoo.com/forms/z1irjl8608mzjbs/
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Lighthouse Guild
250 West 64th Street, New York, NY 10023, US
Lighthouse Guild is the leading not-for-profit healthcare organization dedicated to addressing and preventing vision loss through coordinated vision and health services. With Lighthouse Guild, people who are at risk for, or affected by vision loss have access to all the resources necessary to lead full, independent and productive lives. We provide services, research and education, and advocate to help people with low vision and blindness.
Lighthouse Guild was officially formed in December 2013 when Jewish Guild Healthcare and Lighthouse International merged, to become the leading not-for-profit vision + healthcare organization. Drawing on more than 200 years of combined service, with histories dating back to 1914 and 1905, respectively, Lighthouse Guild’s experience is unmatched.
ChelseaNew YorkNew York, NY 10011
February 7, 2020
- Math / Science Instruction
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Two hours once per week until the client is ready to take the GRE Exam.