Got an Hour? Deliver Meals and Smiles to Seniors in Clinton, Eaton, Ingham Counties
MEALS ON WHEELS VOLUNTEER
HOW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN:
TCOA needs volunteer drivers in the following locations:
- City of Lansing
- Eaton County
- Clinton County
- Rural Ingham
- Visit http://www.tcoa.org/nutrition/meals-on-wheels/volunteer/ and submit the online Meals on Wheels volunteer application.
- OR you can submit an application by mail or in person at the Tri-County Office on Aging.
- The Meals on Wheels office serving your area will contact you to set up a training.
- One hour, between 10:30am-1:30pm
- Physical ability to deliver meals
- Attend a training; A ride-along with an experienced volunteer
- A vehicle to use while delivering meals
- Complete a criminal background check
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Pick up meals at a designated time and place
- Deliver to each home as designated on route sheet
- Return meal containers to a designated area
About Tri-County Office on Aging
5303 S. Cedar St., Building 1, Lansing, MI 48911, US
Our mission is to promote and preserve the independence and dignity of the aging population.
The Tri-County Office on Aging (TCOA) was founded as the Area Agency on Aging in 1974 by Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham counties and the cities of Lansing and East Lansing. TCOA's mission is to promote and preserve the independence and dignity of the aging population.
As as not-for-profit organization, TCOA helps older adults access programs and benefits, improve their health, and remain active in their communities. Working in partnership with agencies and service providers across the area, TCOA embraces a person-centered philosopy that focuses on how a person wants to live their life while honoring their preferences.
Programs such as Meals on Wheels, health and wellness classes, caregiver supports, and general information and assistance make a significant, positive difference in the lives of local seniors.
We'll work with your schedule.
5303 S. Cedar St. Bldg. 1Lansing, MI 48911
February 7, 2020
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Meals delivered Monday-Friday at lunch time. Deliver once per month up to every weekday.