6 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: EMOTIONS MATTER INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Job Title: Research/Advocacy Intern
Date Posting: March 2023
Date Start: Spring/Summer 2023
Status: Part Time, Volunteer or REMOTE (IN person or Remote)
City/State: Garden City, New York
About Emotions Matter
Emotions Matters, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to connecting and empowering those impacted by Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) to raise awareness and advocate for better mental health care. Launched in December of 2015, Emotions Matter is making strides to achieve its missions through BPD peer support, educational resources and advocacy. To learn more, visit www.emotionsmatterbpd.org.
* Ability to perform research and literature reviews to support advocacy campaigns.
- · Research legislative policies and elected official profiles to support advocacy campaign.
- Research health care insurance state policies and review boards for BPD coverage.
- Write drafts of communications for Executive Director to support advocacy campaigns.
- Create flyers or materials to supportive legislative advocacy efforts.
- Develop and manage advocacy list serve or member database as needed.
- Support the Executive Director in daily administrative tasks related to advocacy campaigns.
- Send communications to program participants as needed related to advocacy.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Google Doc Suites.
* Knowledge of graphic design software for Microsoft Word and Canva preferred.
* Knowledge of social media platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
* Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
1 More opportunity with EMOTIONS MATTER INC
About EMOTIONS MATTER INC
P.O. Box 7642, Garden City, NY 11530, US
To connect and empower individuals impacted by borderline personality disorder (BPD) to raise awareness and improve mental health care. Our vision is to create a world in which every individual impacted by BPD has access to resources and support to achieve a meaningful recovery. We do this through peer support and educational programs, publications, workshops and videos.
Emotions Matter, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 2015 to raise awareness, and advocate for the needs of those impacted by borderline personality disorder (BPD), a mental illness characterized by impulsivity, emotional dysregulation, difficulty in relationships, and suicidality.
The individual experience of BPD is different from other mental disorders as they experience more stigma, isolation and discrimination, due to the lack of education of health care providers, community resources or treatment.
Emotions Matter helps individuals with BPD by providing opportunities for peer support and empowerment. In 2017, Emotions Matter hosted an art show in New York City with over 30 artists impacted by BPD. Emotions Matters produced two short films on BPD for social media, and has active Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram feeds. Emotions Matter also runs online BPD peer to peer support groups.
Emotions Matter holds events to increase public health literacy about BPD distributing literature on BPD at mental health conferences and walks. These events bring together a diverse community of clinicians, family members and individuals with BPD who share our mission.
Emotions Matter advocates for the BPD population in Washington, in Congress, at the National Institute of Mental Health, and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 13, 2023
- Graphic Design / Print
- Administrative Support
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Internet Research
- Must be at least 18
- 4-8 hours weekly, Days determined based on availability of the volunteer and staff and flexible if position is virtual, and not in our Long Island Office. More hours could be added based on availability and experience of intern.
- Must be sensitive to needs of the special population we serve and aware of mental health issues. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.