During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Description of Organization
ETC is a non-profit, volunteer based organization that provides outdoor adventure and environmental education
experiences for people of all abilities. ETC conducts Sea Kayak, Whitewater Rafting, and Cross Country Skiing
trips for youth and adults from under-resourced backgrounds and people with disabilities as well as extended
Youth Leadership Programs for disadvantaged youth.
Our volunteer guides are dedicated and caring professionals who are also highly skilled in providing leadership on
one to three day whitewater rafting trips on the South Fork of the American River for people who would
otherwise not get the chance to experience the beauty and challenge of the outdoors.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Seek to provide meaningful outdoor experiences for ETC participants
* Work within a team of guides to ensure trips are operated in a safe manner
* Assistant Guide in a raft with a checked out Guide or Guide your own raft (following successful
completion of the check out process)
* Assist with all portions of day of trip logistics including equipment set-up, meal preparation, and trip
* Facilitate activities focusing on group development, raft instruction, environmental education, and human
and natural history
* No experience is necessary-only the motivation and willingness to challenge yourself and have fun
* Enthusiasm for sharing the outdoors with people of all abilities and backgrounds
* Experience with environmental education or leading outdoor trips preferred but not required
* Experience working with youth or special needs programs preferred but not required
* Current CPR and First Aid Certifications are required (WFA or WFR are preferred)
* Inclusion Training: May 16 - 17, 2020
* Guide School: May 18 - 24, 2020
Term & Commitment
* River Guide School, Inclusion Training
* 8 volunteer days during first year
* 6 volunteer days during second year
* River season generally runs May through early November
Training Cost: $575 covers all instruction, food, and overnight lodging (some sliding-scale
Volunteer and Training Location: ETC River Camp on the South Fork of the American River in Lotus,
To Apply: Submit application available through a link at www.etctrips.org/volunteer/ with resume (optional)
to email@example.com with the subject line "River Volunteer Application", by March 15th, 2020
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
2 Marina Blvd., Fort Mason Center Bldg. C, San Francisco, CA 94123, US
ETC makes the joy and challenge of outdoor adventures accessible to people with disabilities and disadvantaged youth, inspiring self-confidence, connection to nature, and stewardship of the environment.
Since 1972, ETC has shared wilderness experiences including whitewater rafting, sea kayaking and cross county ski adventures to disadvantaged youth and people of all ages who are visually or hearing impaired, physically or developmentally disabled and people with life threatening illnesses.
We'll work with your schedule.
6700 Highway 49LotusLotus, CA 95651
February 6, 2020