NHQ:DCS - Government Operations - NRCC-DOCC Liaison
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Disaster Cycle Services (DCS) team, specifically the Government Operations unit. During a disaster relief operation, the National Response Coordination Center (NRCC)/Disaster Operations Coordination Center (DOCC) liaison serves at the national level as the direct contact within FEMA in the NRCC. NRCC-DOCC liaisons have the overarching responsibility of building trust and fostering collaboration between the Red Cross and government partners at the national level.Responsibilities :
- Gather and share situational awareness and essential information from the NRCC to the DOCC and the DOCC to the NRCC within reporting timeline.
- Build and maintain relationships with federal and internal partners, attending meetings and supporting requests
- Respond to and support development of requests for information or resources as soon as possible and maintain follow-up.
- In collaboration with FEMA's Mass Care team, serve as the mass care/ESF-6 subject matter experts to lead and contribute to planning and reporting.
- Facilitate the integration into the NRCC of any specialized Red Cross subject matter experts as needed, including GIS, PA, Disability Integration, Mass Care and Planning.
- Support the integration of the FEMA liaison at the DOCC.
- Pro-actively identify challenges that may impact the ability of the NRCC-DOCC liaison to support FEMA and other national partners.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Red Cross Disaster Cycle Services OR minimum 2 years management experience in an Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations
- Have deployed to Emergency Operation Centers in 2 nationally led disaster response operations
- Have deployed to Emergency Operation Centers at the State or FEMA Regional level in a large-scale disaster response operations
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with federal partners and senior management as needed
- Strategic thinking including ability to understand and communicate the organization’s vision and mission, and process-oriented with regards to decision making
- Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations - preferred Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
- Works well both individually and with others
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.