Community Engagement Internship
EnCourage Kids Foundation
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and creative Community Engagement Intern. She/He will play a key role in helping grow the outreach and impact for enCourage Kids Foundation by assisting with volunteer and company tracking, thinking of new strategies for recruitment, keeping supporters engaged, and more.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Help with projects related to impact measurement and tracking
- Uses Databases, Linkedin, Google, and more to identify companies and employees of companies that could be potential sponsors for enCourage Kids Foundation
- Draft a company profile detailing the reason why this company should be a good fit
- Assist with community engagement research, including collection of tools, data, and resources
- Assist with the creation of outreach tools that help create awareness, engage, and inform companies/volunteers about enCourage Kids Foundation
- Brainstorm new and creative ways to recognize and appreciate our volunteers
- Update and maintain internal documents
- Help with the organization of materials for programs and events
- Provide valuable writing support in all areas of enCourage Kids Foundation
- Positively promote enCourage Kids Foundation’s mission and vision
- Perform other job duties, as assigned (recruitment phone calls, database management, bulk mailings, etc.)
- Broad-based computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite
- Strong writing, editing, and qualitative research skills with focus on details
- Internet research skills
- Good analytical and problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal communication skills
This is an unpaid internship position. However, enCourage Kids offers a supportive, hands-on working environment where interns can learn new skills and enhance existing ones. This internship is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading children’s charity in New York City, gain valuable non-profit knowledge and contribute to an incredible cause. Interns can receive school credit where applicable and a letter of recommendation upon completion.
About EnCourage Kids Foundation
1560 Broadway, Suite 600, New York, NY 10036, US
enCourage Kids Foundation helps humanize healthcare for children and their families by resourcing impact-driven pediatric programs and supporting the Child Life Community.
enCourage Kids is a non-profit, that helps to humanize healthcare for children and their families by resourcing impact-driven pediatric programs and supporting the Child Life Community. We provide resources, tools, and direct support to 285 hospital partners across the country to help to improve the health and well-being of their pediatric patients and make hospitals a better place to get better. This includes art, music, and pet therapies, sending entertainers to provide distraction for children at their bedsides, sending cuddly Bears to young patients for comfort, and more.
Additionally, we offer family outings for children facing medical challenges that help them to connect with others like them and take a break from their daily stresses. We envision a world where every child-regardless of the difficulty of his or her medical journey-experiences joy, hope, resilience, and healing.