Marketing & Communications Volunteers Needed
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Role: Marketing and Communications Committee Member
Mission: Open Arms Ministry supports and partners with those struggling with homelessness, poverty, and food insecurity to enhance human dignity, community, and opportunity. This work is currently done through our Drop In & Food Pantry.
Objective: The Marketing and Communications Committee is comprised of a team of individuals that will determine and guide Open Arms’ overall marketing and communication strategy. The Committee will tell the Open Arms story reflecting our heart and passion and our dedication to the mission of providing all people with the resources to live a joyful and fulfilling life. Committee members will drive efforts to inspire others through various media including social media, newsletter, website, and other public relations efforts. Committee members should anticipate working in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
General team responsibilities include:
- Create and direct a comprehensive marketing strategy for Open Arms
- Direct volunteer efforts to execute on the marketing strategy
- Design and create content for social media campaigns
- Create video promotions and content
- Source content, draft and publish a newsletter
- Design and create flyers and marketing collateral
- Design and publish annual reports
- Graphic design and develop creative content
- Coordinate media coverage and public relations efforts
- Recruit volunteers to support marketing activities
- Coordinate with other Open Arms committees on strategy and communication efforts
Skills and attributes sought for this role include:
- Love and care for those in need and a desire to see individuals succeed
- Flexibility and consistency
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic foresight and ability to execute on a plan
- Ability to support a team effort and to work independently
- Marketing savvy and creativity
- Fluency in social media platforms
- Skills in web design and video editing
- Social networking and public relations skills
- Proficiency in Spanish / Polish is a bonus (but not required or expected)
Need and Time commitment
- Available for 3 - 5 hours per month
- Attend at least one formal committee meeting per month
To apply and find more info: Please click here to complete the volunteer application.
Note that these responsibilities are for the overall team and individual committee members may focus on select aspects of the team roles and responsibilities. There are no age requirements for this role.
About OPEN ARMS MINISTRY
2649 N FRANCISCO AVE, CHICAGO, IL 60647, US
Open Arms Ministry supports and partners with those struggling with homelessness, poverty, and food insecurity to enhance human dignity, community, and opportunity.
Open Arms Ministry has two programs addressing homelessness, poverty, and food insecurity on the northwest side of Chicago.DROP-IN
Open Arms Drop-In provides basic relief services to individuals struggling with homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless. More than relief from the weather outside, this drop-in program enables those who come to share a meal with friends and get connected to resources.
Guests also receive help meeting physical needs like clothing, toiletries, and basic healthcare. Referrals are available for services such as overnight shelter, recovery, and education.
Working in conjunction with the Greater Chicago Food Depository, the Open Arms Food Pantry serves families and individuals who live in the area bounded by Irving Park, Fullerton, Pulaski, and Western.
All are welcome (proof of address required), including those who have experienced job loss, illness in the family, unexpected expenses, and more.
We'll work with your schedule.
2649 N. Francisco AveChicago, IL 60647
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print