8 people are interested
Disasters happen, be ready. Become a Disaster Volunteer today! (Lake Co. and surrounding counties)
8 people are interested
Do you have a passion for helping people? The American Red Cross is on the ground, working around the clock to provide food, comfort, and other emergency support to those affected by major disasters all over the country, but the most common disasters to which we respond happen right here in our own community - floods and fires.
- Provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters. Examples of these include local house fires and provide basic human necessities such as emotional support, financial assistance, and information to help families begin the process of recovery.
- Conduct damage assessments of affected dwellings and determine habitability.
- Help start casework.
- Requires computer skills and online training.
- Requires two twelve-hour and on call shifts each month.
- Can remain calm and patient during stressful situations.
- Empathetic and compassionate
To apply copy and paste the link into a browser window:
*Please note this application is for adults 18 years of age and older.
Questions? Contact Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, Aamina Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (317) 473-4474
About American Red Cross-Indiana Region
1510 N. Meridian, Indianapolis, IN 46201, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Gary, IN 46402
August 2, 2021
- Disaster Cleanup
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- Case Work / Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two 12 hour on call shifts per month, attendance at a monthly meeting
- Must be able to complete trainings within the first 90 days of trainee position assigned