19 people are interested
Workshop Planner: Organize educational workshops for small business owners in Philadelphia
ORGANIZATION: SCORE Philadelphia
Please visit the new page to apply.
19 people are interested
The workshop planner/organizer will:
* Organizes educational workshops for small business owners of Philadelphia to include:
- determining business workshops
- working with SCORE speakers when developing new workshops
- securing speakers
- scheduling workshops
- defining workshops in our customer relationship management system
- ensuring it is advertised in a timely manner through Constant Contact and our website
- developing related reporting on attendance and speaker performance
- locating venues (if in-person)
* Organizes events and workshops with our partners.
* Works with the Chapter Treasurer to determine the appropriate budget for workshops to meet annual fundraising goals.
* Ensures registration is covered and appropriate materials are available during the day of event .
This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about SCORE Philadelphia’s mission. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- P rofessional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, and/or the nonprofit sector.
- Comfortable with using technology for defining, managing, and promoting workshops
- A commitment to and understanding of SCORE Philadelphia’s vision and mission
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, & building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of SCORE Philadelphia’s clients, volunteers, and the community.
We are currently looking for an individual who could:
- commit 5 to 10 hours per week
- be available during the day Monday through Friday.
About SCORE Philadelphia
632 North 2nd St., Unit 786, Philadelphia, PA 19123, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
105 N. 22nd StreetPhiladelphia, PA 19103
September 15, 2023
- Group Facilitation
- People Skills
- Adult Education
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- We are currently looking for an individual who could commit 5 to 10 hours per week and be available during the day Monday through Friday.
- Complete your volunteer application at https://www.score.org/page/volunteer-score