Thank you for your interest in becoming a Volunteer. GiGi’s Playhouse is a volunteer-run organization and we rely on the skill and dedication of volunteers of various levels of expertise to keep our programs vibrant, educational, fun and free. Parents, family members, clinicians, and individuals who believe in the GiGi’s Playhouse mission act as volunteers in GiGi’s Playhouse programs, events, administrative offices, and on our Board of Members. Currently, GiGi's is looking for Interns for marketing. If you are interested and would like to know more about these positions please contact Pam Lynch at 309-762-7529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description: GiGi’s Playhouse Quad Cities seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship/volunteer position is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization.
· Assist with GiGi’s Playhouse Quad Cities social media presence, using content calendar
· Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter
· Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
· Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about GiGi’s Playhouse Quad Cities.
· Manage GiGi’s Playhouse Quad Cities Blog.
· Collaborating with staff & National Office on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
· Firm grasp of available tools and social media platforms
· Understanding & proper execution of GiGi’s Playhouse Brand Guidelines
· Must be computer literate
· An effective communicator, both written and oral
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
· Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
· Enthusiasm for the mission of GiGi’s Playhouse and the families we serve
Additional information about volunteering for the organization can be seen on the website: https://gigisplayhouse.org/quadcities/quad-cities-volunteer-interest or on the volunteer sign up http://bit.ly/GiGisQCVolunteerSignUp
About GiGi's Playhouse Quad Cities - Down Syndrome Achievement Center
3906 38TH AVE, MOLINE, IL 61265, US
Our mission is to increase positive awareness of Down syndrome through national campaigns, educational programs, and by empowering individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community.
GiGi's Playhouses are a series of Down syndrome achievement centers throughout the United States and Mexico offering no-cost educational, therapeutic and career developmental programming to individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community.