3 people are interested
Road to Recovery Volunteer Driver - Prince George's County
ORGANIZATION: American Cancer Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
A few hours of your day could make a lifesaving difference. Connect with us to learn more about Road To Recovery volunteer opportunities in your area.
Keep in mind that most rides are needed during Monday - Friday, primarily between 7 am and 7 pm. Drivers should have regular availability at some point during that time frame (you choose your availability).
If you own or have regular access to a safe, reliable vehicle, then you’re already on the road to volunteering. But you’ll also need:
- be between the ages of 18 and 84.
- possess a valid driver’s license and adequate automobile insurance.
- pass a background check and motor vehicle records check.
- be comfortable using technology and have reliable internet access.
- complete required training and follow through on ride commitments.
- display respect for diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures of the patients, their caregivers, other volunteers, and staff.
- certify completion of the COVID-19 vaccination series at least 14 days prior to participating in the program and agree to stay up to date with the vaccination series, including all recommended vaccine boosters.
To learn more or sign up to volunteer, please visit www.cancer.org/drive or contact Jen Burdette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
20 More opportunities with American Cancer Society
About American Cancer Society
124 Park St. SE, Suite 100, Vienna, VA 22180, US
The American Cancer Society's mission is the save lives, celebrate lives and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
The American Cancer Society is a volunteer driven organization. As an American Cancer Society volunteer you can honor a survivor or a loved one lost to cancer, help save lives of people in your local community, and around the world. It only takes a little time to do a lot of good. Whether driving a patient to their lifesaving treatments, advocating for new laws or helping to plan a community event, discover how rewarding it is to be a volunteer.
Greater Upper Marlboro AreaUpper Marlboro, MD 20772
January 31, 2023
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask that you provide at least two rides per month if possible. You have complete flexibility to choose what days/times work best for you.