DONATE TO THIS
84 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Yours Humanly
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
84 people are interested
Yours Humanly is looking for board members to serve on its Board of Directors. Serving on the Yours Humanly Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about strengthening leadership and governance in the nonprofit sector, and particularly the individual who wants to make a profound difference through thoughtful collaboration, creativity, and action in the lives of children in need.
Yours Humanly board members champion the importance of exceptional leadership and believe that every organization needs a strong, effective, and wholly committed board to fully realize its potential for good. They provide foresight, oversight, and insight; and every board member is an advocate, ambassador, and fundraiser for Yours Humanly.
The fundamental legal duties of nonprofit board members include Duty of Care, in which board members have a legal responsibility to participate actively in making decisions on behalf of the organization; Duty of Loyalty, in which board members must put the interests of the organization before their own interests when acting on behalf of the organization; and Duty of Obedience, in which board members bear the legal responsibility of ensuring that the organization complies with the applicable federal, state, and local laws and adheres to its mission.
Additionally, the Yours Humanly board is an active working board, and members are expected to
- know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs.
- faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements.
- serve as advocates, ambassadors, and active fundraisers for Yours Humanly.
- responsibly represent Yours Humanly to the public and their respective communities.
- fully engage in identifying and securing financial resources and partnerships that will benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing.
- leverage professional and personal relationships, connections, networks, and resources to help the Development Committee and staff identify and solicit potential funders.
- give a meaningful personal financial donation annually.
- read board materials in advance of board meetings, attend meetings, and conscientiously participate in board meetings.
- participate fully and actively in one or more board committees.
Prior board membership is preferred, but not required; and prior fundraising experience is preferred, but not required.
Membership on the Yours Humanly Board of Directors is an invitation to work with like-minded leaders and professionals to make a profound impact on the lives of thousands of children in need through the power of education, and in doing so, to be a part of something very special.
To be considered for Yours Humanly Board membership, send a copy of your most current resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and a link to your LinkedIn profile, if you have one. Alternatively, please send details about yourself, your work, and your volunteer experience via e-mail to email@example.com. Applicants who do not follow this request for collateral material will not be considered. Thank you.
About Yours Humanly
PO BOX 5501, Walnut Creek, CA 94596, US
We transform the lives of children in need around the world by providing access to quality education and equitable resources.
Yours Humanly is a global organization dedicated to helping children in need receive the education they deserve.
Driven by the belief that education is a basic human right, Yours Humanly provides underprivileged children around the world access to quality education and equitable resources, lifting them out of poverty and other challenging situations.
While the programs and resources we provide vary among the countries and cultures in which we work, our focus is always on transforming the lives of children in need through education and empowering them to achieve better, brighter futures.
Cambodia | Haiti | India | Nepal | Philippines | United States
PO Box 5501Walnut Creek, CA 94596
May 5, 2022
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours a month