Special Events Volunteer (Art Showcase)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
College and Career Pathways, Inc. (CCP) is a nonprofit 501c3 organization that provides academic support, college readiness, college success, and career development programming to students in Grades 9-16 from under-served populations in Prince George's County, MD. Our mission is to facilitate on-time high school graduation, and postsecondary access and success, for students from historically under-served populations, while increasing their awareness of the wide range of educational and career opportunities available to them.
The Special Events Volunteer will help us to further our mission by supporting the executive director and board of directors in their fundraising efforts. Specifically, the volunteer will work with staff and board members, as well as our program staff, as they plan and implement CCP's Annual Graduation and Recognition Ceremony, which is being expanded this year to include an Arts Showcase and 12th anniversary celebration. During the Arts Showcase, we will highlight the artistic talents of our high school and college students, as well as those of our program alumni. We hope to recruit students and alumni who are singers, instrumentalists, actors, dancers, and visual artists to participate. The volunteer role will involve helping the students develop their individual pieces and performances and overseeing practices prior to the day of the event (June 6, 2020). Specific tasks include the following:
- Help with overall research, planning, and outreach for the event;
- Aid in developing and implementing marketing and PR strategies;
- Coordinating rehearsals with student performers 1-2 days per week;
- Working with visual artists as they develop their pieces for the event;
- Helping to research, prepare, and submit sponsorship proposals to potential sponsors;
- Attending development/fundraising meetings (by phone if necessary), as needed;
- Provide regular updates on progress to the executive director;
- Helping with logistics leading up and the day of the fundraiser.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required
- Experience with visual and performing arts;
- Experience with participating in or managing performances;
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Excellent people skills;
- Experience working with youth from diverse populations;
- Ability to effectively manage time and manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to define and work to deadlines;
- Understand and desire to support the mission of College and Career Pathways.
A fingerprinting background check is required for this volunteer role.
About College and Career Pathways, Inc.
c/o Northwestern High School, 7000 Adelphi Road, Hyattsville, MD 20782, US
To facilitate postsecondary access and success for students from historically underserved communities, while increasing their awareness of the wide range of educational and career opportunities available to them
College and Career Pathways, Inc. (CCP), is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization that offers school-site and community-based college access and career exploration services to elementary, middle, and high school students throughout Prince George's County and the greater DC Metro area.
CCP was designed to assist schools and communities by providing supplemental resources and information that can help students prepare for enrollment in postsecondary institutions. CCP has developed research-based college access and career exploration programming designed to ensure that all students reached by the program graduate from high school with a solid plan for achieving their educational and vocational goals. CCP programs fall into one of four areas, including Early Awareness Activities, High School College Access and Career Exploration Services, the CCP Stars Alumni Program, and the CCP Masters Program.
To learn more about our programs and services, please visit our web site at www.collegeanadcareerpathways.org
Northwestern High School7000 Adelphi RoadCollege and Career Center - Room C222Hyattsville, MD 20782
- Youth Services
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
- Theater Arts
- Arts Administration
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two hours, after school (5:00 - 7:00) 1-2 days per week.