29 people are interested
Wildlife Education Organization Assistant
29 people are interested
For All Species Education is looking for a couple more compassionate persons to assist us with our mission. We specialize in wildlife education and outreach, teaching people in the Central Ohio about our native species. We work with the goals of fostering appreciation, supporting conservation, and stimulating curiosity.
For All Species also provides a home to over a dozen non-releasable animal ambassadors who rely on us for their nutritional, medical, psychological and habitat needs.
What you can gain by joining us:
- Work with different types of animals: birds, reptiles, mammals
- Gain experience toward careers in the animal handling, conservation, and education fields
- Delight children and adults alike, provide unique experiences to people of all ages
- Improve the lives of animals by reducing wildlife/human conflict
- Public speaking and teaching experience (if desired, not required)
What we are seeking from volunteers:
- Animal Care Volunteers: Reliability of roughly 3 hours of your time most weeks.
- Animal Care Volunteers: Willingness to clean animal habitats for a portion of the shift.
- All Volunteers: A desire to interact with non-domestic animals - much time is spent training and socializing them, but in ways much different from lap petting dogs and cats.
- Education Volunteers: Aide in animal handling and answering questions about our ambassador animals at presentations and public displays.
- Optional: Assist in social media and fundraising efforts.
When we need volunteers:
Current Shifts in need of help:
- Monday or Thursday 9am-12pm: Animal Care Assistants - in-house, Westerville
- Monday, Thursday, or Friday 2pm-5pm: Animal Care Assistants - in-house, Westerville
- Educational Assistant: Location Varies If you'd like to help teach we need more folks for Saturday festivals this fall and other assorted times. It is not a predictable schedule, but more dictated by the times we are requested to provide programs.
*** Please note***
Due to the natural diets of many of our ambassadors, we do not have a nut-free environment.
We are following CDC recommendations, which presently means that we ask non-vaccinated individuals to please wear a mask at all times.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About For All Species Education
6310, Everett Ct, Westerville, OH 43082, US
Our mission is to foster understanding, appreciation and conservation of Ohio native species.
We provide informational presentations and animal encounters for all ages at libraries, schools, community festivals, public summer camps, scout troops and more.
6310 Everett CtWesterville, OH 43082
August 23, 2021
- Environmental Education
- Animal Care / Handling
- Social Media / Blogging
- General Education
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 3 hours per week
- Signed waiver, permission of guardian if under 18