1 person is interested
March 16th- Sept. 20th 2020
Start/End dates are flexible: 5-20 hours/week, unpaid
The National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library is seeking an exhibit volunteer or intern who will act as docent (gallery attendant), and assist with tours of our temporary exhibit; Artists as Activists, which is open March 28-Sept. 20th. This exhibit features artwork from artists who are responding to political oppression through their work. Ideal candidate will have experience or background in art/art history, museum studies, political science or social justice and enjoy working with the public. During slow times, volunteer/intern will assist with museum research for our programs, curatorial, collections and education teams.
- Safe guard art in the exhibit.
- Engage with visitors and answer questions as needed.
- During slow times, assist with online research.
- Ability to learn about artwork and become a subject matter expert.
- Assist with tours of the exhibit for school groups and the public as needed. (training will be provided)
- Education or experience working in a museum
- Experience or interest in learning about contemporary art/activism
- Experience or interest in doing online research
- Excellent customer services skills
- Must be available Saturday or Sunday
- Must be available for shifts between 9:30am-4pm.
For more information about he exhibit go to: https://www.ncsml.org/exhibit/artists-as-activists/
Please send resume and cover letter to: Lindsay Erhardt-Hansen, Director of Visitor & Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact by phone at 319-362-8500 x203.
About National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library
1400 Inspiration Place SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, US
We inspire people from every background to connect to Czech and Slovak history and culture.
We are a museum that celebrates life. Czech life. Slovak life. American life. We are a museum that encourages self-discovery; a museum that asks what it means to be free. Through extraordinary exhibitions and experiences, we tell stories of freedom and identity, family and community, human rights and dignity. Our stories connect yesterday with today and tomorrow.
National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library1400 Inspiration Place sWCedar Rapids, IA 52404
- Visual Arts
- Exhibition Arts
- 3-6 months