American Red Cross - Blood Donor Ambassador Volunteer
*American Red Cross: Volunteer Position*
Welcome and assist blood donors with registration at local blood drives. Create a positive experience for blood donors with a smiling face and a willingness to show appreciation for the blood donors.
One of the few positions open for 14-year-olds and older.
* Welcome and greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
* Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately
* Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
* Create a favorable impression of the Red Cross, and the blood donation process, that will encourage
* Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
* Be available and committed to the volunteer schedule
* Model excellent customer service behaviors
* Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution
* Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas
* Punctual/ dependable
* Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to help convert right type donors to power red
* Responsible to inform donors about Red Cross volunteer opportunities and share recruitment materials
Time Commitment: Minimum of 1 4-6 hour shift a month. May vary by location.
* Willingness to support the American Red Cross mission
* Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
* Extremely comfortable working with people from all walks of life
* Ability to represent the American Red Cross to the community
Register today by using this link: https://www.redcross.org/volunteer
In all cases please contact: Pam Kaplan (501) 353-7534
For more information click the Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC4Me4dL-IY&feature=youtu.be
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
431 18TH ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20006, US
Mission: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Vision: The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed forces and their families find support and comfort whenever needed, and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
2416 S Madison St.Jonesboro, AR 72401
January 30, 2020