Blood Donor Ambassador - Fulton County
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
Volunteers needed to help at local blood drives and donation centers!
Blood Donor Ambassadors provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations.
- Welcome and greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with intake
- Confirm donation appointment and have donor sign in using laptop
- Provide donors with information to read/fill out before giving blood
- Make reminder call, reschedule donor appointment and perform follow up activities as directed
- Serve refreshments and talk to donors after their donation
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area, alerting blood drive employees if a donor does not appear to be feeling well or their arm is bleeding
- Make sure donor information remains confidential
- Customer service skills
- Friendly disposition
- Punctual and dependable when arriving at assignments
- Ability to clearly read laptop computer screen and type donor names, as needed
- Ability to represent the American Red Cross in the community
Training is provided at no cost. The Red Cross asks that Blood Donor Ambassadors provide 10 hours of service a month.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/volunteer, scrolling down the page and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Be sure to have a photo ID handy (driver's license, passport or state issued ID), you will have to upload a picture of it to you application. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check.
For question please contact Michael Vance, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org or at 740-725-9141.
12:00 PM to 03:00 PM
shift dates and times vary based on location
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
We'll work with your schedule.
This opportunity has 1 shift
610 S Collett St, Lima, OH 45805blood drives located various sites in Fulton Co.Wauseon, OH 43567
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours a month - this is roughly the time taken to work 2 shifts at a blood drive or donor center
- Reliable transportation to your shift