Wheelchair Sports Festival 2020
3 people are interested
Join us at Triumph's 9th Annual Wheelchair Sports Festival on April 25 & 26, 2020 in Santa Clarita, CA. The event is open for the whole community to participate, and it's FREE! Triumph Foundation hosts this event to introduce wheelchair sports to people that are newly injured, Veterans, children, and others with disabilities; as well as provide learning opportunities to the general public and showcase people living with physical impairment in a way that members of the community do not often see.
Some events include wheelchair hockey, basketball, quad rugby, racquetball, SCUBA, handcycling, powerchair rodeo, WCMX, baseball, and more. Volunteers will be assisting participants in these activities and helping to ensure their stations run smoothly.
Our goal is to introduce wheelchair sports to more people, increase inclusiveness and awareness of people living with disabilities in the community, and having FUN!
We LOVE our volunteers and appreciate them. Come be a part of something unforgettable that is making a huge impact on the communities - Abled a disAbled alike! ALL volunteers must fill out a Volunteer Application and participate in an online volunteer meeting/training. You will be emailed this information in a timely manner.
For more event information and to sign up, please visit:
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Triumph Foundation
17186 Hickory Ridge Court, CANYON COUNTRY, CA 91387, US
Triumph Foundation is a 501c(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to help individuals with Spinal Cord Injury triumph over their disability and to inspire them to keep moving forward with their lives by pushing themselves to get better every day.
With a servant’s heart, we assist the SCI community by:
- Giving resources to newly injured people to help with their recovery through our Care Basket and Wristband Flash Drive programs.
- Assisting people with financial constraints to get needed equipment, supplies, and services through our Keep Moving Forward Grant program
- Helping people with home modifications for wheelchair accessibility
- Expanding Disabled Sports, Fitness and Adapted Recreation opportunities
- Repurposing used durable medical equipment by donating it to people who are in need through our Equipment & Supply Exchange
- Founding and leading SCI Support Groups all over Southern California
- Public speaking to motivate, inspire, and raise awareness
- Providing peer counseling, mentorship and advocacy
Spinal Cord Injuries not only affect the person who gets hurt; they impact families, friends, loved ones, and the entire community.
After suffering SCI, people find themselves lost in a world they never dreamed they would be a part of. The challenges of paralysis are not just physical; they are also mental and emotional. The lack of understanding of what is in store for them often leads to feelings of fear, hopelessness, and despair. These are normal responses to the unknown. Triumph helps people persevere by helping make the unknown known.
Santa Clarita Sports Complex20870 Centre Pointe ParkwaySanta Clarita, CA 91387
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
- People Skills
- Outdoor Recreation
- Special Needs
- Please see the volunteer sign up portal website for more information: http://bit.ly/WSF2020Volunteer
- ALL volunteers will be required to complete a volunteer application and participate in a volunteer meeting and/or training. This information will be emailed to volunteers on a continuous basis. Please watch for it in your email.