American Cancer Society Military Ambassador
American Cancer Society Relay for Life of South Hampton Roads
AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY SEEKS VOLUNTEER RELAY FOR LIFE MILITARY AMBASSADOR
VIRGINIA BEACH - January 10, 2020 - The American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of South Hampton Roads is an annual event that celebrates and honors cancer survivors and caregivers, educates the public about prevention and detection to reduce risk of the disease, and raises funds to help end cancer.
The Relay For Life Executive Leadership Committee is seeking a volunteer Military Ambassador who will serve as the representative at the local military base(s) and communities for the Relay For Life of South Hampton Roads. The candidate will utilize their connections with groups on base to promote the Relay For Life and recruit new involvement. The Military Ambassador will represent the American Cancer Society in the community, build relationships, and use their contacts, influence, and resources to further the lifesaving mission of the organization.
An ideal candidate will meet the following expectations:
- Attend monthly Leadership Meetings (or submit report in advance if unavailable)
- Complete volunteer online orientation, as necessary
- Attend the Relay For Life of South Hampton Roads on May 30, 2020
- Support the event by recruiting 3 or more Relay For Life teams
- Sign up as an individual or team on the event website
The Core Responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Work closely with the staff partner to develop a marketing and recruitment strategy specifically for the local military base(s)
- Market and promote event through connections on base
- Manage teams recruited directly from engagement efforts
- Seek out opportunities to represent the Relay For Life at different events including fairs, speaking opportunities, print marketing opportunities, etc. that are related to, or a part of the military community
If you are interested in this volunteer role, please contact Tiffany Putnam at email@example.com or 757.493.7975.
About American Cancer Society Relay for Life of South Hampton Roads
477 Viking Dr Suite 130, Virginia Beach, VA 23452, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society's signature fundraiser. With over 5,200 events nationwide, funds raised through Relay For Life allow the American Cancer Society to support and administer programs and research that help people stay well, get well, and find cures.