12 people are interested
American Cancer Society Military Ambassador
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY SEEKS VOLUNTEER MAKING STRIDES AGAINST BREAST CANCER MILITARY AMBASSADOR - The American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is an annual event that has united communities in the fight against this deadly disease and funded breakthrough research, 24/7 support for breast cancer patients, and access to lifesaving screenings. Today, Making Strides is the largest network of breast cancer events in the nation.
The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Executive Leadership Committee is seeking a volunteer Military Ambassador who will serve as the representative at the local military base(s) and communities for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Tampa. The candidate will utilize their connections with groups on base to promote the Making Strides and recruit new involvement. The Military Ambassador will represent the American Cancer Society in the community, build relationships, and use their contacts, influence, and resources to further the lifesaving mission of the organization.
An ideal candidate will meet the following expectations:
- Attend virtual monthly Leadership Meetings (or submit report in advance if unavailable)
- Complete volunteer online orientation, as necessary
- Attend the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in October.
- Support the event by recruiting 3 or more Making Strides teams
- Sign up as an individual or team on the event website
The Core Responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Work closely with the staff partner to develop a marketing and recruitment strategy specifically for the local military base(s)
- Market and promote event through connections on base
- Manage teams recruited directly from engagement efforts
- Seek out opportunities to represent the Making Strides at different events including fairs, speaking opportunities, print marketing opportunities, etc. that are related to, or a part of the military community
If you are interested in this volunteer role, please contact Tiffany Putnam at email@example.com or 757.916.7676.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Tampa
PO Box 17127, Tampa, FL 33682, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
Join the Movement. Fund the Future
For more than two decades, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer has united communities in the fight against this deadly disease and funded breakthrough research, 24/7 support for breast cancer patients, and access to lifesaving screenings. Today, Making Strides is the largest network of breast cancer events in the nation.
Multiple locations Tampa, FL 33607
August 18, 2022