NHQ:ISD - RFL: Restoring Family Links (RFL) Casework Volunteer
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
The Restoring Family Links program helps reconnect families separated internationally by war, disaster and migration. Volunteers in this position are a part of the National Headquarters Restoring Family Links casework team and will provide support to local caseworkers.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Restoring Family Links program, refugee and migrant populations and the humanitarian situations that create family separations.
- Conduct casework by analyzing new cases and making recommendations, providing case information and guidance to local Red Cross caseworkers and tracking case activity in our database.
- Conduct internet research to search for missing family members in the United States.
- Conduct follow-up on ongoing requests.
- Support local service delivery by providing information and guidance on Restoring Family Links services to Red Cross caseworkers in the chapter network.
- Respond to inquiries from the public received through the RFL Helpline and make appropriate referrals to internal or external resources
- Area of study or proven interest in services to refugee populations, social service programming, or other relevant focus area is required
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with case management databases (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics)
- Professional proficiency in Spanish is required.
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
431 18th St NWWashington, DC 20006
February 5, 2020
- Search & Rescue
- Program Management
- Bereavement Support
- Community Outreach
- Social Work
- 8-12 hours per week during business hours; can be spread across multiple days
- Proficiency French, and/or Arabic is a plus.