We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Alzheimer's Association Illinois Chapter has 3 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
Alzheimer's Association Community Educator - Boone County
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association Illinois Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
Do you have a personal or professional connection to Alzheimer's disease and/or a passion to join in our vision of a world without Alzheimer's?
Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who help us raise awareness, provide education, and expand the reach of educational offerings in the community. As a community educator, you will work with libraries, senior centers, places of worship, etc. to deliver Alzheimer's Association presentations using prepared training materials on topics related to Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. You will also share information about resources for individuals and families impacted by the disease. Sometimes these presentations are during the day, sometimes in the evening, and sometimes on the weekend--so volunteers with all types of availability are welcome!
You will receive all the training you need to be a successful member of our team, but we are looking for people with the following skills:
- Passionate about the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Comfortable with public speaking (groups can range from 10-50+).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with technology to be able to deliver presentations, to access and update information on a shared Google Drive, and to communicate via phone and email.
- Ability to network and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Ability to follow instructions and program guidelines.
- Experience with dementia as a family member, friend, or professional is preferred but not required.
- Willing to deliver 10-12 presentations per year.
Next steps: brief online application, phone screening/interview, online orientation, and initial 2-hour in-person training. We will continue providing training until you are comfortable with the role. This training is generally held at our Rockford office (1111 South Alpine Rd, Suite 307), online and on location. All training's will be scheduled based on mutual availability.
Please visit https://www.alz.org/get-involved-now/volunteer to fill out an application.
About Alzheimer's Association Illinois Chapter
8430 W. Bryn Mawr, Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60631, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support, and research. The Illinois Chapter serves 87 counties, with offices in Bloomington, Marion, Chicago, Joliet, Peoria, Quincy, Rockford, and Springfield. Since 1980, the Association has provided reliable information and care consultation; created supportive services for families; increased funding for dementia research; and influenced public policy changes across the state.
Boone CountyBelvidere, IL 61008
June 22, 2022
- Public Relations
- Basic Computer Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask that community educators agree to a minimum of one year delivering at least 10-12 presentations.