Temporary, Part-Time Administrative Assistant
CCSC is currently seeking a temporary, part-time Administrative Assistant while one of our workers is out on maternity leave, February - August. CCSC offers competitive wages, a flexible schedule and of course - a wonderful daily lunch. Contact Bonnie or Chef Ron at 704-375-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Answering phone, taking breakfast and lunch orders
- Order office supplies - Staples and Amazon
- Print Labels for Café and bakery, Create Student name tags
- Graduation - prepare certificates, awards, food place cards
- Flyers and signs for the Café, graduation invitation
- Quick Books - update vendor information, Class expenses
- Excel - track daily Café sales
- Record checks in deposits, prep bills for mailing
Work with development team:
- Social media
- opportunity for grant writing, if desired
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook
- CCSC uses Little Green Light for our Donor Database, Mail Chimp, Facebook, Quickbooks, and Network For Good for online donations and event processing. Experience with these programs helpful but not mandatory.
*Preferred hours would be 9:00am - 1:00 pm, Monday through Friday. However, schedule can be flexible with number of days per week and/or within the School’s open hours, Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm.
Schedule is as follows:
- Training anytime between now and 2/21. Call Bonnie at 704-375-4500 to set up dates.
- Start Preferred hours*from Monday, 2/24 through Monday 6/15.
- June 15 th - July 3 rd: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 9:00am - 1:00pm.
- July 6 - 10 th: Preferred hours*
- July 13 th - August 7 th: Mondays and Fridays from 9:00am - 1:00pm
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Community Culinary School of Charlotte
9315-D Monroe Road, Charlotte, NC 28270, US
Community Culinary School of Charlotte (CCSC) is a nonprofit organization that provides training and job placement assistance in the food service industry for adults who face barriers to long-term successful employment. Our program provides solutions to achieve social and economic objectives - breaking the cycle of hunger and poverty while increasing upward mobility of disadvantaged groups.
Founded in 1997, CCSC is in its 23rd year and has graduated 986 students. Each year, CCSC conducts three 14-week training sessions, where students learn culinary skills necessary to obtain employment in the restaurant and food service industry. Our curriculum also encompasses job-readiness skills and relapse-prevention services.
9315-D Monroe RoadCharlotteCharlotte, NC 28270
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Social Media / Blogging
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Preferred hours would be 9:00am – 1:00 pm, Monday through Friday. However, schedule can be flexible with number of days per week and/or within the School’s open hours, Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm.