Dive into our Fund Development Committee (Fundraising)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
We are seeking volunteers that can assist with assuring fiscal health through philanthropy and fund development.
We need people that are willing to service for at least 1 year in the following roles:
- Bookkeeper - Event budgeting, itemize, monitor receipts, track spending
- Secretary - Manages meeting notes and minutes
- Co-Chair - Ensures all ideas and options are heard and in line with organizational and fundraising goals
- Operations & Logistics Manager - Highly detailed oriented individual, plans the start to finish of the event/project, coordinates volunteers, connects with vendors, etc
- Marketing - Develop strategic promotional and marketing plan for events/funding projects
Scope of Work for the Fund Development Committee
- Devise and recommend philanthropy and fund development policies and recommend to the Board for action, including any limitation policies.
- Review all previous year fundraising activities and make recommendations for improvements for new fiscal year.
- Participate in annual special events and other fundraising activities.
- Track and report progress toward fundraising goals to the Board.
- Work with fundraising staff or Director to determine annual development budget.
- Develop an annual calendar for the committee’s activities, including critical dates, milestones and required board actions
- Tap respective networks for potential donors of money, time and in-kind support.
- Monitor & support fundraising efforts to be sure that ethical practices are in place, that donors are acknowledged appropriately, and that fundraising efforts are cost-effective.
- Provide report for Board meetings that includes results and evaluates of return on investment compared to the plan. Identify trends and implications.
- Analyze relationships with current and prospective donors and funders and develop individualized strategies to cultivate or strengthen those relationships.
- Analyze relationships with current and prospective corporate sponsors, devise sponsorship packages, and work with RH team to develop relationships.
- Along with Executive Director, meet with current and prospective major donors and funders (foundations and corporations). Assure that the Board and individual Board members are adequately educated about the basic principles and best practices in fund development, including the design of a donor-centered organization.
- Help the Board articulate the case for philanthropic support directed at specific audiences.
About Rahab's Hope
34 E Germantown Pike # 260, Norristown, PA 19401, US
Rahab’s Hope is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides individuals with temporary housing and employment services to pave the way from homelessness to self-sufficient living. We currently service the community by providing rental assistance and education based sessions.
Our rental assistance program has supported individuals and families exit homelessness by providing financial assistance towards their security deposit and/or first month’s rent. Financial support has also been an aide to households that have fallen behind on their rent and face the threat of eviction and homelessness. Our volunteer Case Manager and Director work one-on-one with each applicant to ensure their ability to maintain housing. Once an applicant is approved for rental assistance, the Case Manager or Director will create a Housing Stability Plan and budget with the head of household. The Housing Stability Plan is used to identify housing, financial, health related and personal goals and outlines action steps to obtain such goals. Applicants are then required to complete at least one outlined action step prior to the release of financial support to their landlord. In regards to budgeting, we assist applicants with identifying practical ways of reducing their expenses and implement savings.
34 E Germantown Pike # 260Norristown, PA 19401
- Administrative Support
- Donor Management
- Resource Development / Management
- 5-10 hours per month (include meeting and outreach events). Attend Monthly or Bi-monthly Committee meetings
- Attend and participate in regular Fundraising Committee meetings. Come prepared to participate and engage.