Looking for phone or interview skills? The Red Cross has the perfect volunteer opportunity for you! If you enjoy speaking to interesting people and want to volunteer from home, join our Volunteer Screening Team. Bonus if you can speak a second language!
Screening Team members seek to understand what brought prospective volunteers to the Red Cross, their areas of interest and what position they would find most meaningful. Screeners use their understanding of the volunteer and match it with the needs of the organization, connecting volunteers with positions for which they are both interested and well suited.
* Update and manage online profiles for prospective volunteers * Communicate progress and setup new volunteer interviews * Screen, process, and place volunteers based on skill, interest and availability
* Strong Communicators * Comfort using a computer and willingness to learn a new system * Enjoys speaking 1:1 with individuals
* Orientation to the American Red Cross * Volunteer Connection (American Red Cross Volunteer System) Training * Training on volunteer screening and processing accounts * On the job training with supervisor
* 4 hours per week * Can volunteer from home
* Hone & develop interview skills * Experience towards working with Event Based Volunteers and staff * Services on Disaster Relief Operations
**MUST SUBMIT A VOLUNTEER APPLICATION AT www.redcross.org/volunteer
Questions? Contact Sarah at email@example.com or (608) 347-8791
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
2927 Losey Blvd S, La CrosseLa Crosse, WI54601
March 17, 2021
Verbal / Written Communication
Must be at least 18
Orientation or Training
4 hours per week. Volunteer from home.
Must submit a volunteer application at redcross.org/volunteer