7 people are interested
Animal Adoption Event Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Humane Society of Loudoun County
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
.Join our team to help us save more lives! The Animal Adoption Events Coordinator will support pre- and post-adoption event tasks, as well as provide help when needed during the adoption event. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate adoption events with local businesses and public libraries.
- Coordinate with the Animal Care team to notify and secure fosters for each event.
- Share details for adoption events with social media team and website team to publicize upcoming adoption events.
- Meet at the adoption event site 30 minutes prior to the event to set up tables and equipment before fosters arrive with cats/kittens.
- Support the entire adoption event by answering questions from the public, playing with the animals, and serving as a HSLC representative.
- Make sure all Adoption Applications are turned over to the Adoption Coordinator, a board member, or one of the volunteer application processors.
- At the end of the adoption event, ensure all cages are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. Help take down the tables and other equipment. Load equipment and supplies into the vehicle transporting the equipment back to the storage unit.
- Take all towels and soiled table covers home. Wash, dry, and return them to the HSLC storage unit or take to the next adoption event.
- Passion for animal rescue.
- HSLC orientation or training.
- Commitment to support at least one adoption event each month for the next six months. To note: Adoption events are usually held two weekend days a month and generally require a four hour time commitment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written forms, as well as forge and maintain relationships with adoption event stakeholders, with a strong focus on quality customer service.
- Ability to multitask and track/monitor multiple animals at events.
Benefits of volunteering in this role include:
- Essential impact in saving more animals
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation events
- Opportunity to be highlighted in HSLC's Paw Prints newsletter and/or the HSLC Heroes newsletter
- Community advocacy and leadership
- Relationship building
- Enhance leadership and communication skills
- Interact with and meet a variety of people
- Experience with events planning
About Humane Society of Loudoun County
P.O. Box 777, Leesburg, VA 20178, US
We are a foster-based, all-volunteer organization that saves and improves the lives of vulnerable animals by providing care and placing adoptable animals into loving forever homes.
HSLC has been helping animals since our founding in 1966. HSLC has no paid staff nor a physical facility or shelter; all of our animals are in foster homes, display cages at local pet stores, or in temporary boarding until they are adopted into their furever homes.
Thanks to community support, HSLC helped thousands of animals in 2021:
- 185 cat adoptions
- 3 dog adoptions (Note: we need more dog fosters!)
- 111 community cats helped
- 1,165 pets spayed/neutered
- 3,482 Loudoun Pet Pantry animals fed
Multiple locations Leesburg, VA 20178
September 23, 2022
- Animal Care / Handling
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours a month