Help Us Save Animal Lives - Serve as an Animal Adoption Event Coordinator
2 people are interested
.Join our team to help us save more lives! The Animal Adoption Events Coordinator will support pre- and post-adoption event tasks, as well as provide help when needed during the adoption event. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meet at the adoption event site 30 minutes prior to the event to set up tables and equipment before fosters arrive with cats/kittens.
- Support the entire adoption event by answering questions from the public, playing with the animals, and serving as a HSLC representative.
- Make sure all Adoption Applications are turned over to the Adoption Coordinator, a board member, or one of the volunteer application processors.
- At the end of the adoption event, ensure all cages are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. Help take down the tables and other equipment. Load equipment and supplies into the vehicle transporting the equipment back to the storage unit.
- Take all towels and soiled table covers home. Wash, dry, and return them to the HSLC storage unit or take to the next adoption event.
Benefits of volunteering in this role include:
- Essential impact in saving more animals
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation events
- Opportunity to be highlighted in HSLC's Paw Prints Newsletter
- HSLC Orientation or Training
- Commitment to support at least one adoption event each month for the next six months. To note: Adoption events are usually held two weekend days a month and generally require a four hour time commitment.
- Ability to multitask and track/monitor multiple animals at events
About Humane Society of Loudoun County
P.O. Box 777, Leesburg, VA 20178, US
The Humane Society of Loudoun County is a Foster based volunteer organization that partners with the community to save more animals and achieve a No Kill Community
The Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) is a non profit 501(3)c animal welfare organization founded in 1966. Our mission is to partner with our communuty to work towards a time when all animals have loving homes. We do not have a physical shelter or location.
We provide programs and services throughout Loudoun County Va, including Rescue, Foster and Adoption programs, Low Cost Spay/Neuter, a TNR and Working/ Barn Cat program, Youth and Humane Education programs; we partner with LCAS and Loudoun Interfaith Relief to provide pet food to families in need through our Pet Pantry program, and we participate in many different community events, festivals and fairs throughout the county and northern Virginia area.
We'll work with your schedule.
Loudoun County VALeesburg, VA 20175
- Animal Care / Handling
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a month